[PAID/FREE/EXISTS?] Personal Collection / Catalog

Started by nCogNeato, July 27, 2011, 04:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nCogNeato

UPDATE [Sep 18 2011]
live627 has agreed to create this mod for $150.  If you'd like to see this mod created, please post here.

Current Donation Total:  $25
zapiy - $25

I found a similar request from 2009.  Since then, a mod may have already been created, or perhaps an alternate solution may be common knowledge.  If so, I apologize in advance and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.  ;)  If it doesn't exist, I'd be happy to gather some donations for development.  I'm sure many of my fellow SMF users would chip in.

Version:
2.0 Gold

Description:
I use SMF to run a community of adult online gamers, mostly Xbox 360.  We schedule regular playdates and decide which games to play through typical forum discussions.  What I would like to do is integrate everyone's personal videogame collection into a searchable catalog/table/database that could be used by members to find someone that owns a particular game.  Similar features are used by trueachievements.com and Steam, but I'd like my community to have our own private collection database.  This same mod could be used for any community that benefits by providing users with collection information (movies, books, music, troll dolls, etc.).

Permissions:
All registered members by default.  It would be nice to customize permissions as with most features, as I prefer to restrict new registrants from accessing most of the forum until they post an introduction (1 post count).  Editing, adding, removing information in the collection would be limited to Admins.  Users can only add/remove selections to their collection from an Admin-controlled drop-down menu or radio button (or other?).  The ability for users to "request" something be added to the database would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Feature Set:
I would like members to have the ability to search by game title and/or platform.  For other non-gaming communities, it would be good to have the ability to customize these criteria for relevance (movie title, music cd/vinyl, etc.).  The option to also add images (cover art) for each entry would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Casual Adult Gaming Community

nCogNeato

nCogNeato

nCogNeato

nCogNeato

Illori

you know impatient users who bump mod requests are less like to ever get them complete as it shows to those that might want to create the mod that the user does not care about the time it takes to create it or anything else. stop bumping and maybe someday someone will work on your mod requests.

nCogNeato

Thanks, Illori.

I was bumping for the possibility of an existing solution, since the previous request was made in 2009.  If there isn't an existing solution, this will be my last post.

live627

Well I was watching this post and was waiting until I got some free time to work on this. I'll PM you when I'm ready. :) Yes, bumping is frowned upon, mostly in the support boards, but I take the view that bumping a request for a mod isn't that bad. Just my opinion, others probably say otherwise.

nCogNeato

zapiy

Anymore news on this.. phpbb has a mod that covers this..but i would prefer to use SMF..
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

nCogNeato

Quote from: zapiy on September 18, 2011, 05:46:00 AM
Anymore news on this.. phpbb has a mod that covers this..but i would prefer to use SMF..

So far, you are the first person to show interest.  We need to raise $150 for live627.   :-\

zapiy

www.consoleplanet.co.uk

nCogNeato

Quote from: zapiy on September 18, 2011, 11:29:05 AM
OK i am in with $25..

Fantastic!  Once we reach $150, we'll make payment arrangements with live627.   :)

zapiy

www.consoleplanet.co.uk

Advertisement: