How can a verify that the catching is working or not ?

Started by Rohan_, July 30, 2011, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rohan_

Hello,

I just have installed APC on my server and in my SMF i see SMF has detected that your server have APC installed..

and then i have enabled Level 1 Catching.. so how do i know that the cache is actually working ?
Proud To Be An Indian

Chas Large

The cache provides quick access to server data that the user has already downloaded or has been accessed in the past, especially where forum layout is concerned. The simplest way to check that the cache is working is to make a small change to the default theme CSS, perhaps move something slightly by changing it's padding. The change should go unnoticed until you force refresh the browser CTRL + F5 for FireFox or clear the cache.

Not the most elegant test but it worked for me when I was checking mine.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

everest9

I am having the same problem, i need a way to add working catching mod to my smf forum, if someone can create such mod it will really help

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: