News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Internal server error-running install.php

Started by 1948Pal, August 03, 2005, 11:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1948Pal

I emailed my host about this and am waiting for an answer. But in the same time I thought I run it here and see if I can get any pointers.
Trying to do a fresh install of SMF 1.1B3p on a subdomain like :forum.domain.com but I get this error:
QuoteInternal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
In the server log I get this
QuotePremature end of script headers: /home/site/public_html/test/install.php
I tried re-downloading SMF and running the install but with the same thing again. Is this a server misconfiguration having to do with subdomains, or something else?

"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

kegobeer

Here's a good link for common server errors.  In addition, you might want to check your file permissions - could be the "nobody" user can't execute the file.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

1948Pal

I spoke too soon, I should've known better. My mistake.
I had let my site's cpanel decompress the file into the folder instead of decompressing it on my PC first then FTP it to the server. Apperantly that does not work very well.
I FTP'd the file now and the install works. Sorry.
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

Advertisement: