News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Twitter Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 17, 2011, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Sorry haven't had time lately to look into it. Check your error log. You must be able to do I believe fsockopen command in php to twitter.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MESWEB

Hi. I change url image in setting and image don't change. Why?

vbgamer45

What is the exact setting name.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MESWEB

Twitter Integration -> Configuration:
QuoteLogin image

Paracelsus

vbgamer, isn't it possible to change the setting that allows members that register through twitter to bypass the manual approval? This is a no go for us since we approve manually all our members and require them to activate their account.

vbgamer45

Yes it would be possible would like a minor code change on the registermember call I believe in the twitter mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MESWEB

Quote from: MESWEB on May 11, 2015, 07:39:44 AM
Hi. I change url image in setting and image don't change. Why?

Hello You are don't answer my question.

Miker1029

Hey,

I had this working awhile ago (maybe an earlier version, not sure), But I have a custom button I want to use instead of the one that comes with the initial install, and no matter what I do, it keeps using the one that came with the install (http://si0.twimg.com/images/dev/buttons/sign-in-with-twitter-l.png)

In Custom Image I Have: http://www.android-x86.net/Themes/default/images/buttons/twitter.jpg

This SAME Link works with SA Google+,  So really not sure why it's not "TAKING", I've cleared my CDN, Browser CACHE, and Forum CACHE... Not sure what else I can do?

Added screenshots for clarity on my question, and any help would be appreciated!

Mike

EDIT:  JUST FOUND NEW PROBLEM

NOW When I Click LOG-IN with Twitter Button it just takes me back to the LOG-IN Screen,  And When I click REGISTER with TWITTER it takes me back to the Agreement Screen...

Now I know THIS WAS WORKING when I 1st installed the mod, I checked it.....

Miker1029

Ok, After some testing I have an Update of a couple things.......

1st thing I did was go to Twitter DEV and Regenerated all the Keys, and Added them, It WORKED!!

Went to "SIGN-IN/REGISTER" and it STOPPED Working (Did what I mentioned Above)

2. Went In AND DELETED the APP, and re-did it, Punched in the NEW TOKENS, IT WORKED!!!

Went to "SIGN-IN/REGISTER" and it STOPPED Working (Did what I mentioned Above) (With I.E. Which I NEVER Use Incase It was a Cache Thing)

OK SO I decided to get the LINK for the Button BEFORE I did anything, 1st time and this is what it was:

https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=ew_QJQAAAAAAg6NVAAABTvmoPY4

Ok makes sense, this is the link that works.....

When I go to do it a second time I get this:

LOGIN Screen - http://www.android-x86.net/index.php?action=login

REGISTER Screen - http://www.android-x86.net/index.php?action=register

So I guess the Question is why is the Original LINK (That works) getting replaced with the NORMAL forum links....

Do I have a Setting wrong???  I tried Disabling Auto-Login, Other then that I don't know how to set it...

SOOOOO Any Ideas On a Fix???

Mike

Uhura!

Excellent mod!

Question...

This mod used to display a tweet button with a count... like this:

Now it displays a flat blue button with no count....like this:

How can I adjust this so it shows a tweet button with a count?

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Uhura!

Well, that explains it.

Thanks vbgamer45!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

vbgamer45

No problem. I think it is a bad idea that twitter did I heard people are not sharing as much

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Uhura!

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 17, 2015, 08:52:41 AM
No problem. I think it is a bad idea that twitter did I heard people are not sharing as much

Unfortunately - you're exactly right. People aren't sharing as much because of the change.

New question:

When I change the log in image, it won't work. Can you help?

Uhura!

It has been months. Can someone help?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
Version 1.3
!Fixed signin twitter image for new installs. Link is now set to http://www.smfhacks.com/images/sign-in-with-twitter-l.png
!Updated http://twitter.com to https://twitter.com for profile links,sharing.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

KirkhamsEbooks

My first API and thanks to your wonderful directions I got it working within 15 minutes so thank you for that.

Since I'm new to API I'm wondering if I have to create a new app for each of my forums which use a different Twitter account or can I use the same information but change the Twitter username?

Rick

vbgamer45

I believe a new app for each twitter handle

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PoolGr

Hi,
so I installed the forum and the mod, and before testing it I had to change domain.
I updated all domain path with repair settings. The twitter API I created with new parh.
link for twitter look ok, but when I click "sign in with twitter" it doesn't work.

any help?

Also- can I disable regular registration and only enable twitter sign in?

Advertisement: