need php script to build online dictionary connected with SMF member file.

Started by Baloch, August 19, 2011, 09:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baloch

hello there,

For  a long time I am searching a reliable and secure php msql script to launch my simple dictionary project but I am null in PHP knowledge. Although I have full knowledge of database application designing but as for as php is concern I do understand its coding but its very hard for me to build complicated applications via coding so your help would be a great help for my this non profitable but very important task.

----------------------------------

I want php script connected with MySQL database.
SMF members (if they have write permission ) can add records within data-table DICT

Dict should contain following field
ENGLISH word, grammar type (verb/adjective/noun etc) , Baluchi meaning (English script), Baluchi meaning (Arabic/Persian/Urdu script), Examples (Rich text box), member_id who added this word

It should check duplicate entry,
without admin approval record should not be published on SP page.

word/phrase/record search and result display script is also required

With thanks in advance
Looking forward
Raji

SomaliDoc

Kindred

The question was asked 4 years ago... and the user has not been active for 5 months...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

Did you try looking at the Glossary mod?   That does something very close to what you listed... (fewer fields... but you could get your ideas on how it was coded)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1525

you can see it in use at http://www.askawitchcommunity.org/index.php?action=glossary
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Baloch

Quote from: Kindred on November 03, 2015, 11:57:31 AM
Did you try looking at the Glossary mod?   That does something very close to what you listed... (fewer fields... but you could get your ideas on how it was coded)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1525

you can see it in use at http://www.askawitchcommunity.org/index.php?action=glossary

Thanks for your advice. Yes I think its closer to my need. I have just installed it but getting following error

Table 'baaskcom_smf3.smf_glossary_groups' doesn't exist
File: /home/baaskcom/public_html/diwwan/Sources/Glossary.php
Line: 422

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.11, while your database is at version 2.0.10. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Kindred

Oh yeah...  The mod creates the tables incorrectly...  It creates them without a prefix. Go i to your phpmyadmin and rename them with your database prefix
Слaва
Украинi

Baloch

Quote from: Kindred on November 03, 2015, 11:13:32 PM
Oh yeah...  The mod creates the tables incorrectly...  It creates them without a prefix. Go i to your phpmyadmin and rename them with your database prefix

Done. Thanks for your help. One more advice I needed. Should I execute large upgrade for latest installation?

Kindred

No, that would require you to reinstall all mods...

Use the patch files and apply them just like mods
Слaва
Украинi

Baloch

Quote from: Kindred on November 04, 2015, 12:09:38 AM
No, that would require you to reinstall all mods...

Use the patch files and apply them just like mods

I already did that but still getting similar issue

Kindred

Similar issue to what?  The missing tables?
You did not properly rename them, if so
Слaва
Украинi

Baloch

Quote from: Kindred on November 04, 2015, 12:28:21 AM
Similar issue to what?  The missing tables?
You did not properly rename them, if so

after renaming tables, above mentioned issues are now no more
http://baask.com/diwwan/index.php?action=glossary
but in log i m getting following error
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 10:44:05 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 98766be22dfa42762f44f436d95bb392
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/diwwan/index.php?topic=6874.5Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: enable_tooltipsApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/diwwan/Sources/Display.php
Line: 1186
   Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 66.249.69.103   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 10:44:05 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 63ec72d089d0efed0485181d6cf0728d
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL/diwwan/index.php?topic=5335.5;wap2Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: enable_tooltipsApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/mysite/public_html/diwwan/Sources/Display.php
Line: 1186

Kindred

At this point, I am going to point you to the thread dedicated to supporting that mod...   
However, those errors do not occur in y installation, which suggests that your install was not complete...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: