Unable to load the 'main_above' template.

Started by LsPasus, August 25, 2011, 05:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LsPasus

I have the error shown up my forums doenst show up it says "Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

So what i did is i screwed up the width in the main "blackrian" theme i did 90px and it screwed so i was like going to delete blackrain theme from ftp so i deleted then i refreshedd page it came up with this erro ;S

LsPasus

LsPasus

I fixed it by my own thanks anyways. I deleted "Themes" folder from ftp and replaced new Themes folder wich i download SMF 2.0.zip.
From that i extracted to dekstop and replaced themes folder into ftp then i did up in url.

www . tmkclanforums . com /index . php?theme=1
i installed theme and works fine.

Illori

remember we are all volunteers and may be busy with other things and not have time or know the answer to your question

LsPasus

Ah again the error came up :S please HELP ME :( whats the solution... PLZZ

LsPasus

Illori

LsPasus please do not bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer

LsPasus

Ok sorry i am just worrieing about the forum cause i didnt even take a buckup but yea sorry :S

LsPasus

Wow checkn my forums and it says the same :S

Angelina Belle

Your database says the blackrain theme is there, but you have actually deleted it, and it seems that the forum is trying to use that theme.
* verify that Themes/default is all there, just like the original
* Go to your forum. Use ..../index.php?theme=1 This should force using the default theme
* Go to theme settings. ..../index.php?action=admin;area=theme;sa=admin  Make the default theme to be your forum's default theme. In fact, force all users to use the default theme.
* Look at the list of all the themes available.  ?action=admin;area=theme;sa=list Delete any which are not actually there.
* Now your forum should be all better.  RE-install themes. change your forum's settings back how you want them.

Does that help?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

quique

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 16, 2011, 10:53:25 AM
Does that help?

Yes, I had the same problem, and solved it following those steps. Thanks!
vim vs Emacs arguments are pointless and a waste of time: vim is the best.

Angelina Belle

I'm glad this topic has helped you, quique.
LsPasus -- has this solved your problem?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

akoladica

It fixed my problem I had with forum.
Thanks

Worldwide7477

I had the same problem just a few mins ago and could not change it back with 2.09 because it would not let me go to any admin setting within the forums....so my solution was to start fresh not as install fresh this is what i did:

From a fresh download I removed:
removed install.php
removed settings.php
removed settings_bak.php

Ftp overwrite the other files, I did not mind doing this as i did not have allot of mods nor did i have the theme i really wanted so doing this saved me allot of headache so thought i would share if anyone else has the problem i had without loosing any settings or could not get to themes to check and change in your smf.

Advertisement: