News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

smf 2.0 "jump to" bug with android browser

Started by maethlin, August 26, 2011, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maethlin

If you select the "jump to" field, only the current forum shows as an option.

Illori

there is a delay in loading that box, it might be possible that on your os/browser that delay is not loading so you can only see the current board.

Oldiesmann

It appears that the JS code that loads the boards and categories into that box doesn't work on Android. Unless we can get hold of an Android browser emulator with error reporting, I'm not sure there's much we can do. I will look at the SDK later and see if its browser has a way to show what's going on.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

IamTheBoy

Same problem exists with Apple iOS devices. Confirmed with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad1

IamTheBoy

Confirmed, with iOS devices, the same issue exists on this site as well.

Illori

can any of our developers look further into this issue?

emanuele

I don't have any mobile device so I don't have any idea of what is going on there...

Anyone around here willing to do a bit of debugging and development? :P

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

IchBin™

Looking in my android tablet and on my android phone the dropdown works fine for me. Android 2.2.3 and 3.2
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Joshua Dickerson

What Android version(s) is this broken on?
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

emanuele

Is there anyone else that can replicate the issue?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

Works fine on my phone.

Android 4.0.4, HTC HD2, Firefox.
Default browser also works fine.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

feline

the dropdown works also on android 4.1.1 (jelly bean) and the chrome browser.
but... the dropdown is not perfect .. better you use optgroups/options for this, becuse the seperation lines are selectable, see attached image.

NanoSector

Quote from: feline on August 20, 2012, 05:16:15 AM
the dropdown works also on android 4.1.1 (jelly bean) and the chrome browser.
but... the dropdown is not perfect .. better you use optgroups/options for this, becuse the seperation lines are selectable, see attached image.
They're disabled ;)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

emanuele

But feline is right: they look a bit ugly...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

Quote from: emanuele on August 20, 2012, 08:06:30 AM
But feline is right: they look a bit ugly...
They do look ugly, but you can't select them. At least I can't on my phone with both Firefox and the default Browser (neither on my iPod with Safari).

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Akyhne

Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.4

In the standard browser, it doesn't work. Only the current page is listed.
In FF, the jump works only every second time, but all options are shown every time.
In Opera, the jump only shows the current page, but if you click it again, all options are there. So that one also only works every second time.

There *is an official emulator, but I can't remember where I found it. But it took me a while when I did a few months back. However, I'm sure that if it's solved in one browser, it is solved in the others as well.

emanuele

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on August 19, 2012, 05:36:39 PM
Works fine on my phone.

Android 4.0.4, HTC HD2, Firefox.
Default browser also works fine.
Quote from: Akyhne on August 20, 2012, 06:12:39 PM
Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.4

In the standard browser, it doesn't work. Only the current page is listed.
In FF, the jump works only every second time, but all options are shown every time.
In Opera, the jump only shows the current page, but if you click it again, all options are there. So that one also only works every second time.

Quote from: Akyhne on August 20, 2012, 06:12:39 PM
There *is an official emulator, but I can't remember where I found it. But it took me a while when I did a few months back. However, I'm sure that if it's solved in one browser, it is solved in the others as well.
Problem is that according to the two posts above the same version works on one phone but not on another, so use an emulator doesn't guarantee that the problem will be visible...
In other words if you can debug the issue and provide a fix we should be able to fix the issue, otherwise no...even though if it is vendor/model specific I tend to think it's a bug of the device and should be fixed by the producer, not by SMF. :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

After clearing my cache and crap on both my iTouch and phone it doesn't work anymore, and I can select the separators too :-/ really weird.
Firefox on my phone has no issues disabling it, though.

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: