newsfader only on index?

Started by Acacia, August 10, 2005, 12:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acacia

Hi,

I've searched for this but can't find an answer. Does anyone know if I can have the newsfader just appear on my board index instead of appearing on all forum pages.

Thanks

Asti

codenaught

The newsfader by default only appear on the Board Index.

Do you mean the news box that appears in the forum header?
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Acacia

Oops, I see what you mean akabugeyes,

Actually what I was after was to have the newsfader only appear before someone logged in. I have a private forum and I only want to show the news fader to show when a guest is looking not when a member logs in. Is there a way to do this. If not, how could I put some html on the index page that only shows on that page before someone logs in.

Hope that makes more sense.

Thanks

Asti

PopLife

Permissions :) Find the corresponding code in a html editor (look up "newsfader"). It should have permissions near it. Change them so that only guests can view the fader. Does that make sense?

Acacia

Quote from: giba_choo on August 10, 2005, 04:32:06 AM
Permissions :) Find the corresponding code in a html editor (look up "newsfader"). It should have permissions near it. Change them so that only guests can view the fader. Does that make sense?

I'm afraid I'm not quite with you giba_choo, what file should I be looking at in a html editor to find the permissions?

thanks

Asti

PopLife

I'd say index.template (but I'm not completely sure). Just search for it in index.template. :)

Acacia

It actually looks like it is BoardIndex.template but there doesn't seem to be permissions that can be changed (that I can see anyway).

Oh well, I'll try something else I guess. Thanks anyway giba_choo.

PopLife

Maybe you can email me the board.index file

[email protected]

Acacia

PopLife

Solved :D

Acacia

Advertisement: