News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Yellow boxes

Started by oldpilot, September 05, 2011, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldpilot

QuoteWhat do the little yellow boxes under our names on the board mean and how/why do they increase.

Seeing that it is the same on this board, maybe someone can help me answer this question that was messaged to me on my board.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

LogoOff Team

Quote from: oldpilot on September 05, 2011, 12:54:05 PM
QuoteWhat do the little yellow boxes under our names on the board mean and how/why do they increase.

Seeing that it is the same on this board, maybe someone can help me answer this question that was messaged to me on my board.

that is "stars" each group of regular members have post based number of that boxes(stars).

eg

0 Posts - one star
100 posts  - two stars
500 posts - tree stars

etc

kat

If you want to change the image, you can find it here:

http://media.simplemachinesweb.com/smf/default/images/star.gif

(It's still regarded as a star. ;)

oldpilot

Quote from: LogoOff Team on September 05, 2011, 01:02:29 PM
Quote from: oldpilot on September 05, 2011, 12:54:05 PM

that is "stars" each group of regular members have post based number of that boxes(stars).

eg

0 Posts - one star
100 posts  - two stars
500 posts - tree stars

etc

Thank you for this.

It may very well work this way for a new poster but it must be set up to be more complicated if you are in a different group of posters.

K@ has none under his name and all the moderators also have it missing.

Sorry to keep asking questions but on my board we made no changes to this(so I am guessing it is the same as it is here) and I am trying to understand the logic behind it.

Edit

Re-reading here and it does say regular members so maybe I have answered my own question.
So if you are not a "regular" member then what happens?
On this board it seems "no boxes" on my board we seem to have 1 box(moderators).

OK I guess I can mark this solved.
Unless anyone else has some info.

Kindred

the boxes are determined by your settings for each membergroup...

the primary membergroup and the post-count-based membergroup(s) are the ones that matter....
A user's primary membergroup is displayed.
If the admin has set the post-count-based membergroups to ALSO show, then the "stars" for those will display.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: