News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Showing all posts for a user w/o viewing profile

Started by Snape, August 10, 2005, 02:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snape

Most of the users on my forum do not have permission to view others' profiles, but they would like to be able to show all posts from specific users.  A way I was thinking to work around this was to put a link in the user info section of each post (i.e. under their av or name- or even better- replacing the link to their profile with the link to show that users' posts), but if the permissions keep them from viewing profiles, they can't use the URL to search for all posts either.

Anybody know of a way I could circumvent the permission to view profiles to only allow a search for posts? (http://website/directory/index.php?action=profile;u=<number>;sa=ShowPosts)

Thanks in advance...

(edit to add I'm using 1.0.5)

Snape

BUMP

Has this option been changed in 1.1?  Can you use the search function and accomplish the same thing in 1.1 (searching for all posts by a user in 1.0.5 does not return all posts)?

Snape

OK, new request- I've upgraded to 1.1RC1, and I'm still looking for one of two possible workarounds:

1) A way to modify the board restrictions to allow the show posts by a user URL without the restriction on viewing profiles getting in the way (do not want to allow users access to others' profiles);

or 2) restrict the 'position', 'last active', and 'current status' fields on profiles to only show for admins.

Any ways the template(s) can be modified to allow this, or would this require a custom mod?

Thanks in advance.

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

Snape

Advertisement: