SMF 2.0.1 and 1.1.15 critical security patches released

Started by Norv, September 18, 2011, 06:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a10

Thanks, feeling safe is feeling good!

From 1.1.14 it triggered a "corrupt or not compatible", got the idea to uninstall Version Emulation mod, and all went well.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Ventic on September 19, 2011, 12:22:30 PM
i told you i dont wanna do the upgrade via the package manager but by uploading the files normally

Upgrading through the package manager is the only way you can do it without losing existing mods.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ventic

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 19, 2011, 12:39:50 PM
i told you i dont wanna do the upgrade via the package manager but by uploading the files normally

Upgrading through the package manager is the only way you can do it without losing existing mods.
otherwise i will lose my manual packages?
i am talking about the packages i installed manually not the other that i installed via package manager

Cal O'Shaw

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2011, 11:26:56 AM
Quote from: Rohan_ on September 19, 2011, 10:40:59 AM
May I have the changelog of 1.1.15 ?

try looking? The 1.1.15 changelog is in the list
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-15_changelog.txt

Hoping that wasn't sarcasm, as I went to the page as stated in the initial post and it wasn't there.  A link to the 2.0.1 changelog was visible, the 1.1.15 was not.  A few others mentioned it as well, so it wasn't just me "not looking".

Thank you for the specific URL.  I admit to being unfamiliar with all the pages and layout here, as I tend to visit that area only when notified of an update.

Regards,

Cal

Ventic

well i got an idea,since when i was trying to upgrade via the package i saw that i can see the changes that have been made.so i cant change those 5-6 files manually too?
it will work or not

Kindred

Ventic,

You can either use the upgrade archive file and lose all your mods or use the package manager update and keep all your mods.  Your choice.

If you want to manually apply the updates, then download the package manager update, extract the XML and read through that for instructions on what files and code to manually update.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

squad

I'm a litle tired at the moment, and will revisit this later today.....

I do have a problem, that may have been covered in this post I may
have missed, but when I try & upgrade from 1.1.14 to 1.1.15 I get the
following.....

'The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.'

Please don't yell at me if this has been covered.....I sadly almost single handly
run my forum, without mush assistance from my mods & members....

Illori

please start a thread in the proper support board, this thread is not for support.

klra

Installed without issues on 3 forums, 1.1.14   ->   1.1.15

:D

Account Abandoned

Well I wish I would of done this instead lol, what I get for nor asking or looking lol. I have to emulate all 11 of my forums to get the modifications to work correctly, lol. Nice to see there is an easier way...for the next time :D

Ventic

Quote from: Shawn Gossman on September 19, 2011, 03:30:57 PM

Well I wish I would of done this instead lol, what I get for nor asking or looking lol. I have to emulate all 11 of my forums to get the modifications to work correctly, lol. Nice to see there is an easier way...for the next time :D
i know dude :D

ormuz

Update to new version 1.1.15 and users start to report strange images appearing in my forum... Anyone else?

http://i55.tinypic.com/65pft0.png
http://postimage.org/image/2ll1mrp7o/

Any ideas?

Illori

Storman™

QuoteBut comparing Subs-Menu.php of version 2.0 and 2.0.1 does not show any differences except the @version-Line.

Was the bug already fixed in 2.0 or have you missed to replace the files correctly?

They are identical except for the version line.

Any update on this ?

Basically trying to ensure that Subs-Menu.php is the correct file in 2.0.1 and not one that's been accidently omited from the package ?

Norv

Quote from: Storman on September 19, 2011, 05:51:14 PM
QuoteBut comparing Subs-Menu.php of version 2.0 and 2.0.1 does not show any differences except the @version-Line.

Was the bug already fixed in 2.0 or have you missed to replace the files correctly?

They are identical except for the version line.

Any update on this ?

Basically trying to ensure that Subs-Menu.php is the correct file in 2.0.1 and not one that's been accidently omited from the package ?

They are the correct files. It shouldn't have had only a version change, but this was due to a mistake made in the process, and since forums were already receiving the versioning (as you can see in the admin panel, detailed versioning link), I didn't change that. Sorry about that.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

cebu

i did a manual edit. everything looks fine.  its great.
www.toyotaautoclubcebu.com
www.club4efte.com
www.autopartsph.com

aw06

I'm using English utf8 .. will i have to update index.english-utf8.php manually ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

mashby

Quote from: aw06 on September 19, 2011, 08:16:37 PM
I'm using English utf8 .. will i have to update index.english-utf8.php manually ?
Probably. Shouldn't too intensive though. :) Two edits only (see last two operations)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

hcfwesker

Thank goodness it's just a patch, not a full upgrade.   Great work SMF team!

Advertisement: