SMF 2.0.1 and 1.1.15 critical security patches released

Started by Norv, September 18, 2011, 06:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Hello all,

Simple Machines Forum project has released SMF 1.1.15 and SMF 2.0.1 security patches for the SMF community.
Critical security issues have been identified and fixed with this patch, therefore it is highly recommended to make sure you update your forums immediately.

Please find the changelog as usual, on the downloads page: http://download.simplemachines.org/

Please do not use this topic for support requests. You will get a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Regards,

Simple Machines Forum project
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Aaron

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

catfished

Yeah, I already upgraded when I went into my admin cp earlier and found that 1.1.15 was ready with a one click upgrade so I upgraded both of my forums in seconds! Great work guys and gals. ;D
You use and like this forum software? Then show your appreciation and support by becoming a Charter Member.

CatfishEd.com

Oldiesmann

Note to SMF 2.0 users...

If this isn't showing up in your admin center, you have a couple of options:
Download it from the Upgrades Site and install it through the package manager
Run the "Fetch Simple Machines Files" scheduled task as follows:
Admin -> Maintenance -> Scheduled Tasks
Check the box in the "Run Now" column next to "Fetch Simple Machines Files"
Click the "Run Now" button
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Looking on September 18, 2011, 06:36:02 PM
Thanks for the update but the 1.1.15 changelog is missing?

I'll second this.  Would like to see the changelog for 1.1.15.

That and what changes are made to the files and if any changes are made to the "theme" files so I can see if I need to do any manual changes for the custom themes that are run at a forum I admin.

vagrant

tragidy

Thanks for the update, Would love to see the change log as this breaks a few things like portals and aeva...

Since the update I cannot even view server settings...
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
Open source Matters, the GNU GPL License is one of the most valuable text ever created by mankind.
Support all open source projects when possible as their concepts are paving the future. ~ tragidy

MLM

How long does it take to get the notification in your admin control panel. I was editing my private board when I saw it and it installed just like a mod which is amaaaazzing compared to upgrades I have done before. For some reason my public forum does not have this notification thing yet. And the downloads section does not have the mod type upgrade with individual edits.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Oldiesmann

If it's on 2.0, see my post above...

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 18, 2011, 07:11:24 PM
Note to SMF 2.0 users...

If this isn't showing up in your admin center, you have a couple of options:
Download it from the Upgrades Site and install it through the package manager

Run the "Fetch Simple Machines Files" scheduled task as follows:
Admin -> Maintenance -> Scheduled Tasks
Check the box in the "Run Now" column next to "Fetch Simple Machines Files"
Click the "Run Now" button
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MLM

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Norv

live627, tragidy,

There was a problem with the 2.0.1 patch that I fixed, and updated it just about half an hour ago. It should all work normally now.

I don't know where did the changelog disappear. :) Will look into it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Account Abandoned

Updating #10 of #11 forums powered by SMF :) Thanks folks for the update!!

ForumGuy789

Thanks for this! But one quick question. This Update info is showing up in the Admin center at just one of my two forums. Any reason it's not showing up in the other forum?

Is there some setting that's not right?

Norv

ForumGuy,
You may need to run the scheduled task to fetch Simple Machines files. Probably on the other forums, it didn't get to run yet (by default it's set at once per 24 hours if I remember correctly.)

Advertisement: