News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Server maintenance

Started by [Unknown], August 11, 2005, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Some maintenance on the server was performed yesterday, about 22 hours ago near 3:00 GMT.  Due to a problem that occurred during this maintenance, which we failed to identify at that time, some data has now been lost.

In short, the following was lost:

• Any attachments posted in that time are now gone.
  • Any topics read during that time are unread.
  • Any personal messages sent during that period may be gone.
  • Any members registered during that time are now gone.
  • Any notifications or settings changed during that time have been reverted.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

If you sent any personal messages or made any profile changes during that time, we ask that you please make them again.  If you registered, we ask that you register again.

Sincerely,
    -[Unknown]

Herman's Mixen

uh... that can happen hoppefully you can make some kind a cronjob that will make some backup's for you before this will happend again so maybe you can make every 10 minutes a SQL dump or so what ya like...
and send them via FTP or Email to some server !

i had same problems over here on my home server some days ago but i was luckely that i got before it was crashed it has send all the details in SQL and had all those backedup files ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Trekkie101

Quote from: The Burglar! on August 11, 2005, 08:27:07 PM
uh... that can happen hoppefully you can make some kind a cronjob that will make some backup's for you before this will happend again so maybe you can make every 10 minutes a SQL dump or so what ya like...
and send them via FTP or Email to some server !

i had same problems over here on my home server some days ago but i was luckely that i got before it was crashed it has send all the details in SQL and had all those backedup files ;)

Creates a slight problem, creating backups, sending them elsewhere and then doing it every ten minutes, causes resources to become bogged down, its a huge forum which makes it worse

Herman's Mixen

it was just an example how it can be done
not that you have to do

but this site has more resources than i have but it worked for me that's all
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Isaac

I'm sure regular back ups are made of this forum.  ;)

dtm.exe

Quote from: Isaac on August 11, 2005, 10:02:08 PM
I'm sure regular back ups are made of this forum.  ;)

Every night, IIRC.

-Dan The Man

codenaught

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 11, 2005, 08:20:43 PM
  • Any topics read during that time are gone.
Ah, that explains it.... I was really starting to wonder what was going on with all these topics I already read showing up as new.  :P
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

1MileCrash

Yeah. One thing i noticed wierd was that i tried to start a new topic, and instead, it changed the titile of another topic, and added my post as a reply.

That, and i have like 5 less pm's
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Tippmaster on August 11, 2005, 10:36:19 PM
Yeah. One thing i noticed wierd was that i tried to start a new topic, and instead, it changed the titile of another topic, and added my post as a reply.

That, and i have like 5 less pm's

That's because you started it before I fixed it.  So, your new topic has (or had) the same ID_TOPIC as an old topic that was restored.  Hence the problem.

-[Unknown]

tentronik

Glade its up and running!

jaygreentree

My server is setup to backup everthing three times a day. to a backup servers.

meester fox

Well It's good to know it was nothing serious. And It's good that things are at least backed up every night. That's totally a reasonable backup scheme.
Qdork is my SMF/mkportal website. Nothing amazing. A few mods, iTunes giveaways, and decent members.

Advertisement: