Babylon Theme Option for v2.01

Started by Jim Stone, September 26, 2011, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stone

Any chance that the Babylon theme which my users adore will be coded to work with  v2 of simple machines. It is the only thing that I was disappointed with in the conversion. If not, is there any way someone might work on that as a mod?
Thanks!

Norv

I'm sorry, Babylon theme is indeed not updated at this time.
We want to try to update Babylon and Classic for 2.0 and make them available as official themes for 2.0 (2.0.1), however that is up to designers' interest and time for doing so. While Classic has found interested people to step up for it (Akyhne is working on it and he has my thanks for that!), Babylon is still an "orphan" at this time.

Thank you for letting us know of your forum need, I will try to see what we can do.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

IchBin™

I'm hoping to update Babylon myself with what little free time I have. Give me a couple of weeks and post back. I'll see this topic in my unread replies list to give my self a reminder. :)
IchBin™        TinyPortal

nc3man

I have a nicely customized babylon theme, which has been in place for > 4 yrs. I have a parallel SMF 2 installation in place, but will not move my database over to SMF 2 until I get it looking nearly exactly the same. So any help in getting a babyon theme for 2.0 would be mui welcome. Hopefully, I'll be able to integrate in my old customizations relatively easily.

Thanks!

Zuća

whether it will be a theme update?

Illori

there is no further information to provide then what is already stated in this thread.

SimpleGost

Zuća

nc3man

After fretting about not having Babylon, which our users had 5 yrs experience with, I took the curve theme and mildly customized to bear a similar look. After the switch everyone liked the new, cleaner look and use of color. You may view our customization at http://www.northcountycycleclub.com/smf . I can understand why Babylon wasn't carried forward, although I also feel the pain of someone who had put in heavy customization effort.

emanuele

There is a repo with Babylon on github:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/babylon
anyone is welcome to fork and submit pull requests. ;)

There is one also for the theme "classic":
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/classic

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

flash_os

That the main reason why I'm not moving from 1.1.x to 2.x.
So, I'm also waing for Babylon 2.x theme. :(

emanuele

If  that helps you taking any kind of decision: as far as I know nobody is working on it and the last change to the code is 9 months old and it had nothing to to with code itself.

Since also Babylon is BSD-licensed, anyone interested is free (and welcome) to update it and make it available to the community.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

KurtS

Quote from: nc3man on March 30, 2012, 11:39:11 AM
After fretting about not having Babylon, which our users had 5 yrs experience with, I took the curve theme and mildly customized to bear a similar look. After the switch everyone liked the new, cleaner look and use of color.
Looks good. Which version of curve did you base it off of?
Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG  - www.camaros.org

nc3man

I started with "SMF Default Theme - Curve" which came when we upgraded to version 2.0.2, I believe

Advertisement: