FreshLooks - MultiColor

Started by Ricky., October 01, 2011, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

FreshLooks - MultiColor

By : Ricky. |  Theme Support  | My More Themes
For SMF 2.0 , SMF 2.0.1

A minimal theme with various colors variants including Default Green, Blue Pinch, Black Touch, Orange it and Vibrant Red.  You can change colors from Admin panel or allow user to select their own color from their profile.  This is a light theme using minimal images but still giving you  nice colorful layout.

Features

• Allows you to change color from Admin Panel
  • A Warm theme
  • Fluid Width
  • Utilizing CSS3 supported by all modern browser
  • Allows you to add custom copyright in footer

Changing Colors from Admin Panel

Updates

Nov,03-2011: Improved theme so that you can use big logo without breaking layout.

Deaks

this is a very nice theme well done :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ricky.

Thank you Runic..

I am just learning :)

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mr_Toad

Highly recommended

IMHO this is one of the best SMF 2.0.1 themes around. You can easily alter a multitude of settings from your Admin page eg switch between the five different colour variants. Don't worry about the logo - you can easily replace it with your own (500px by 83px).

@Ricky - I suggest you include the 'Default Green' as one of the 'Additional Screenshots'.

Ricky.

Thats really very nice compliment, I will definitely add another screenshot.

gardenorganic

I have installed the freshlooks theme after upgrading to SMF-2 and I am very pleased with how it looks. However all new posts are centre justified. Can you please tell me how to change this so that by default posts are written with the text justified left.

Ricky.

I don't remember I had made any thing centered and justified. Can you post screenshot what exactly you are referring to ?

gardenorganic

Thanks for the reply. It was my error. I had put in a custom header which affected the rest of the page. I fixed it by placing my header within <div></div> tags.

Ricky.

Update:

I was noticing on many installation that when user used a big logo, like more than 700px wide, it was breaking some layout.
I have now made some changes in this theme, it will not break layout anymore, and you can use logos of any size.

dgpnow

this is a GREAT theme, its perfect.  I have no code skills so how do I get my logo to fit?  What do I need to change?  thank you

DGP

Ricky.

In this theme you can use any type size of logo, preferably a rectangle. What is dimension of your logo ?

PS: I just saw your site, your logo is looking fine over there.

Dave J

I like this theme a lot and have it installed but....

If you look at the 2 screenshots attached you'll see that the portal headers in 'Freshlook' are basically non existent, in the other custom theme 'Sunshine' they are there.

On the fourm the headers are where they should be and change colours according to the settings by admin or members.

Is there a fix for the blanks on the portal page?

Thanks

EDIT: all css files and images from packages have been tranfered to the 'Freshlook' folders.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

TeacherMac

Hiya Ricky,

I've been trying a few themes trying to find one that's a fit of my forum.

After installing Fresh Looks and looking it over I installed and activated "Minimalistic Theme by CrimeS"

When I refreshed and again, after refreshing both the Admin & Visitor screens, all the menus and selections were placed in a long tree on the left hand side of the screen with all formatting, colors logos etc removed.

I returned to "Fresh Looks" and everything was back to normal so I thought it might just be a problem with "Minimalistic Theme by CrimeS".

I tried again installing and activating "CLS-Pro-ButtonBar MultiColor by ClickSafe" all the menus and selections are in a long tree on the left hand side of the screen with all colors logos etc removed.

I wnet back to "Fresh Looks and everything was back to normal, then I tried  "Core" and again everything was back to normal so I finally tried the default "Curve" theme and everything again was back to normal.

Would you have any idea what my problem could be? I would hate to have to reinstall unless it's really necessary.

Thanks,

Mac

Update: I tried another theme named "Duvvar" and met with the same problem which leads me to believe that the themes installed with SMF 2.0.2 were not affected by the changes made by "Fresh Looks" so how do I remove all the changes?

Thanks,

Mac

Update 2: Removed FreshLooks - MultiColor and it has left me unable to change themes.

I see that support for this theme and the issue is not forth coming and reinstalling shouldn't be the answer but it appears one that I'll have to resort to.

Good luck to others who decide to use this theme!

Ricky.

Dear TeacherMac,  I visit SMF community almost daily but I am not here 24 hours a day, I can see that you have posted query today and here I am here to answer.  I think its fair enough.

Here it seems that you are have problem which not at all related to theme at all, generally such things appear if theme's file etc is missing. Can you tell me what exactly issue you are now facing ?

Dave J

Can you answer my query please Ricky?

Thanks
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Ricky.

Sorry, I just missed it, I guess I told you that I will look into it on I&B, I will soon do it and will update you :)

shazoo!

I LOVE this theme, but I need to know how to make the white strip in the header taller, to accommodate a theme change dropdown.

Is it in one of the CSS files??

Ricky.

Well, that is added by mod or something, technically nothing should be there, you may ask in support thread of whatever mod you are using..

shazoo!

Quote from: Ricky. on April 06, 2012, 12:39:22 AM
Well, that is added by mod or something, technically nothing should be there, you may ask in support thread of whatever mod you are using..

No, I'm asking how to make the white strip taller, not how to edit the dropdown.

Advertisement: