News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Astonished

Started by Diego Andrés, October 04, 2011, 09:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Quote from: sasquatch45 on November 18, 2011, 08:55:00 AM
Another question. How do I change the color of the banner?

In your index.css search this:

#header
{
background: #1a1a1a;
border-radius: 0 0 15px 15px;
border: 1px solid #000;
padding-left: 15px;
padding-right: 15px;
padding-top: 10px;
margin-right: -1px;
margin-left: -1px;
}

Change this:

background: #1a1a1a;

With your color.

Quote from: Infernus1 on November 18, 2011, 04:11:12 AM
Changing urls in "ThemeStrings.english.php" doesn't work. I have other language installed, but I installed it aswell.. Thought even on english this thingies doesn't work.
What could be the problem affecting these? $txt['youtube_url'], $txt['facebook_url']

I don't know the problem, you are using English-utf8.php ?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Infernus1

No, I got original english ISO-8859-1, but currently im using russian-utf8. I tryed to modify urls on both by changing strings in  "ThemeStrings.english.php" and for russian "ThemeStrings.russian-utf8.php" which I created. But still, no changed.

Only way I got those buttons up with url, is to modify php file in which they are being drawn on page.

Looks like the problem is that my forum can't find those files and strings in "ThemeStrings.english.php" and "ThemeStrings.russian-utf8.php" ? Or..?

Edit: Btw, my russian forum have no problems finding other strings that are in "ThemeStrings.russian-utf8.php". Only problem is with urls  -.-

Infernus1

Besides Diego, you should add this to ".button_submit, .button_reset" in "index.css" to fix white button in other browsers
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, center top, center bottom, from(#494949), color-stop(100%, #323232));

and to ".button_submit:hover, .button_reset:hover"
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, center top, center bottom, from(#414141), color-stop(100%, #242424));

So it works with other browsers than mozila only. Since else this buttons show as white only.

Diego Andrés

Thanks.

Updated

• Fixed the submit button for other browsers, thanks to Infernus1
  • Now you can change the logo in the theme administration!

denisoi

could someone help me with some problems

i had installed unsers online mod before to have this theme .. mod was working perfectly at other custom them but in this theme is not working and i tried to resolve that problem but without results

im asking where i had to modify to can see the mod in action

PS : i had problem with other mods to but i think that if someone can explain me where i have to modify i can resolve with all

Thanks
Castiga bani din freerolluri

denisoi

Quote from: denisoi on November 24, 2011, 05:44:22 AM
could someone help me with some problems

i had installed unsers online mod before to have this theme .. mod was working perfectly at other custom them but in this theme is not working and i tried to resolve that problem but without results

im asking where i had to modify to can see the mod in action

PS : i had problem with other mods to but i think that if someone can explain me where i have to modify i can resolve with all

Thanks

I resolved that but i still have a problem .. on my forum i can't see the words bolded ... i have to modify something ? i have importants keywords which i need to be bolded but them appear normal
Castiga bani din freerolluri

NeoStorm

Hello Diego!
I love your theme and I have to say that it's very well done and professional. :)

I have a question, how can I change the background outside of the white-boxed forum?

The background I'm referring to is the grayish black color. I would like to change it to a background image rather then background color.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: NeoStorm on December 03, 2011, 02:36:08 AM
Hello Diego!
I love your theme and I have to say that it's very well done and professional. :)

I have a question, how can I change the background outside of the white-boxed forum?

The background I'm referring to is the grayish black color. I would like to change it to a background image rather then background color.

You can change it in you index.css
search this:

body {

In that class you will see the background.

NeoStorm

Many thanks my friend! :)

pols1337

Hello Diego,

Fantastic theme!  I have been using theme for last half-year and my users love it.  It's very clean and modern, and easily customizable.  Two suggestions I'd like to ask for your help:

1.  Any way to add Tumblr or Blog (either Google Blogger or WordPress Blogger) to built-in social media bar?  See attachment 1. 

2.  Any way to add custom links menu?  My forum is only one part of my overall website, with blog, forum, website, galleries, tumblr, etc.  Right now, I am using regular board as links ... but it takes up too much space!   

movierchives

Great theme but could someone help me with instructions on how to remove the rss.png image because rss doesn't work with pretty urls

dragster

hi,

I ´m also  using it, is helping me a lot with the new web  design.

Quote from: pols1337 on December 10, 2011, 03:54:41 PM
1.  Any way to add Tumblr or Blog (either Google Blogger or WordPress Blogger) to built-in social media bar?  See attachment 1. 

I'd like to know this possibility aswell, I´ve  created 15 new buttons that I would like to add.

thanks   ;)

dragster

I think I have found the way

index template.php     ------  line  301 to 321

should be added to the template  lenguajes/ThemeStrings.english   the same social icons we created in the index ¿?

to add new icons   images/custom   ;)

I'll see if I ´m a lucky boy.

Diego Andrés

Let me get home, and I'll help all of you ;D

Diego Andrés

Quote from: pols1337 on December 10, 2011, 03:54:41 PM
Hello Diego,

Fantastic theme!  I have been using theme for last half-year and my users love it.  It's very clean and modern, and easily customizable.  Two suggestions I'd like to ask for your help:

2.  Any way to add custom links menu?  My forum is only one part of my overall website, with blog, forum, website, galleries, tumblr, etc.  Right now, I am using regular board as links ... but it takes up too much space!

1- Attach me your index.template.php of the theme and your /Astonished/languages/ThemeStrings.php, and also, your Settings.template.php of the theme.
2- You can add manually, buttons to your forum, in /Sources/Subs.php or, as you say that you only want links, you can use this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1421

Quote from: movierchives on December 11, 2011, 06:31:37 PM
Great theme but could someone help me with instructions on how to remove the rss.png image because rss doesn't work with pretty urls

Search this:
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon rss" href="', empty($settings['rss_url']) ? '' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss' : '' . $settings['rss_url'] . '', '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

Replace with:
/*echo '
<li><a class="social_icon rss" href="', empty($settings['rss_url']) ? '' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss' : '' . $settings['rss_url'] . '', '" target="_blank"></a></li>';*/

Quote from: dragster on December 12, 2011, 03:49:38 PM
I think I have found the way

index template.php     ------  line  301 to 321

should be added to the template  lenguajes/ThemeStrings.english   the same social icons we created in the index ¿?

to add new icons   images/custom   ;)

I'll see if I ´m a lucky boy.

Yes, the txt strings, have to be in Astonished/languages/ThemeStrings.english.php, and if you want to add the possibility to activate them or deactivate, you have to modify the Settings.template.php, and in the index.template, will be the same but with diferent names.

dragster

Ok, I have done it but "Houston we´ve a problem!"   ;D ;D

I add in:

Settings.template line 166 to 175

array(
'id' => 'listeria_url',
'label' => $txt['listeria_url'],
'type' => 'text',
),
array(
'id' => 'boletin_url',
'label' => $txt['boletin_url'],
'type' => 'text',
),

index.template   line 303 to 309

if(!empty($settings['listeria_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon listeria" href="', $settings['listeria_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

if(!empty($settings['boletin_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon boletin" href="', $settings['boletin_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

and  ThemeStrings.english

<?php
// Version: 2.0; Themes

global $scripturl;

$txt['facebook_url'] = 'Facebook URL';
$txt['listeria_url'] = 'listeria URL';
$txt['boletin_url'] = 'boletin URL';
$txt['youtube_url'] = 'Youtube URL';
$txt['rss_url'] = 'RSS URL';
$txt['atd_mant'] = 'Maintenance';
$txt['forum_search'] = 'Buscar...';
$txt['atd_reports'] = 'Reports';
$txt['design_copyright'] = 'Astonished Theme by <a href="http://www.skinmod.eu/index.php?action=profile;u=111">Diego Andr&eacute;s</a>';
$txt['yah_atd'] = 'Tu estas aquí:';

?>

and I added listeria.png and boletin.png to  images/custom.

And in the image ( named "resultado") you can see the problem  and in the second photo you have the admin panel well done ;)

Thank you again  ;)

Diego Andrés

OMG! I gorgoteo complety the index.css of the theme, also there, you have to put the classes for the other buttons.

dragster

Ok, I did it. Everything is "ok" except ( see the no icon after youtube )

I suppose the error will be minimal but I ´ve tried comparing the old with the new templates and I can´t  find it.

I have added new lines in........

Settings.template
ThemeStrings.english
index.template
index.css

I have emptied cache memory aswell.

----

thank you for this help as I am not a programmer, I am new in this hobbie  :-\  ;)

As I  said, thanks for your help.

Diego Andrés

Attach the iconos that you will use, and tour index.css and when I get home, I'll check it

TRoxiiN

Please, how do i do this? (took screenshot and annotated in paint)

Advertisement: