News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Astonished

Started by Diego Andrés, October 04, 2011, 09:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valtam

Hello Diego, we are using your stunning theme over at linuxliteos dot com / forums We are experiencing a bug at the moment, The Preview feature does not work for users who want to preview their posts first.

scribble

Hi
I installed the Astonished theme and now I want to set up parameters in the administration panel. I have v2.0.7 of SMF.
When I go to mydomain/forum, it displays the new theme and my username, which I set up with admin privileges. But there is no sign of a link to the admin panel. Sorry for my ignorance, but I cannot find where to go from here.
I have attached a screen shot.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: scribble on May 13, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
Hi
I installed the Astonished theme and now I want to set up parameters in the administration panel. I have v2.0.7 of SMF.
When I go to mydomain/forum, it displays the new theme and my username, which I set up with admin privileges. But there is no sign of a link to the admin panel. Sorry for my ignorance, but I cannot find where to go from here.
I have attached a screen shot.

That's weird, check that you have all the language files in the specific folder Themes/default/languages

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

handy1

Question 1: Can you make step by step help how to make new social buttons? What files to edit and how.

Question 2: Under social buttons is breadcrumb text "You are here:". How I can translate this?

Diego Andrés

Quote from: handy1 on May 15, 2014, 01:14:24 AM
Question 1: Can you make step by step help how to make new social buttons? What files to edit and how.

First, you'll find this buttons in the index.css. What I'm going to show you is how to change this, to use individual icons.
So search this:
#quicknav .social_icon {
display: block;
background: url(../images/custom/socialicons.png) no-repeat;
height: 32px;
width: 32px;
padding: 0;
}
#quicknav a.twitter {
background-position: 0 0;
}
#quicknav a.facebook {
background-position: 0 -32px;
}
#quicknav a.youtube {
background-position: 0 -64px;
}
#quicknav a.rss {
background-position: 0 -96px;
}

You'll change this to have it like this:
#quicknav .social_icon {
display: block;
height: 32px;
width: 32px;
padding: 0;
}
#quicknav a.twitter {
background: url(../images/custom/twitter.png) no-repeat;
}
#quicknav a.facebook {
background: url(../images/custom/facebook.png) no-repeat;
}
#quicknav a.youtube {
background: url(../images/custom/youtube.png) no-repeat;
}
#quicknav a.rss {
background: url(../images/custom/rss.png) no-repeat;
}

There you got it, now you only add the icons you need:

#quicknav a.myspace{
background: url(../images/custom/myspace.png) no-repeat;
}

And you upload your images there, ins the same path: Themes/Astonished/images/custom/

Then, for adding them in the "header", open the index.template.php and find:
echo '
<div id="quicknav">
<ul>';

if(!empty($settings['twitter_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon twitter" href="', $settings['twitter_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

if(!empty($settings['facebook_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon facebook" href="', $settings['facebook_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

if(!empty($settings['youtube_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon youtube" href="', $settings['youtube_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

echo '
<li><a class="social_icon rss" href="', empty($settings['rss_url']) ? '' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss' : '' . $settings['rss_url'] . '', '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

echo '

</ul>
</div>';

As you see, is very easy. e.g.
After this:
if(!empty($settings['youtube_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon youtube" href="', $settings['youtube_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

You are going to add this:
if(!empty($settings['myspace_url']))
echo '
<li><a class="social_icon myspace" href="', $settings['myspace_url'] , '" target="_blank"></a></li>';

And now we are going to add the settings for manage the new icons.
Open the Settings.template.php and find:
array(
'id' => 'youtube_url',
'label' => $txt['youtube_url'],
'type' => 'text',
),

And is similar to the above example, after that you'll add the following:
array(
'id' => 'myspace_url',
'label' => $txt['myspace_url'],
'type' => 'text',
),

Quote from: handy1 on May 15, 2014, 01:14:24 AM
Question 2: Under social buttons is breadcrumb text "You are here:". How I can translate this?

Just edit the ThemeStrings.english.php and modify the text, or copy this file and name it with the language you're using and edit the text.

negativethree

I am having a small problem with the Astonished theme. I recently installed (and uninstalled the SMF Shop Mod here in the Mod section) and had to edit the code in the Display.template.pjp file, now when I click on a post I get 'Template Parse Error!

There was a problem loading the /Themes/Astonished/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\).

I had to add in code after the // Show how many posts they have made.
if (!isset($context['disabled_fields']['posts']))
echo '
<li class="postcount"><div class="numbers">', $message['member']['posts'], '</div>', $txt['member_postcount'], '<hr class="divider" /></li>';

Now ever since i uninitiated the mod and deleted the code after this it won't let me in to view any posts.

Any ideas?

Diego Andrés

Plase attach the Display.template.php

negativethree

Attached below.

Oh and the site is hxxp:griffin-ecigs.co.uk/forum [nonactive]

Mods installed:
Misc Anti Spam
Ohara YouTube Embed
reCAPTCHA for SMF
Highslide Image Viewer
Simple Portal

Diego Andrés

negativethree

Thanks that worked a treat :)

PersianForum

Hi

I have a problem with your theme
I think it's a bug with Right to Left Mode
When I Enable "Right to Left" Mode, the theme has a problem.

How can I solve this problem?

Dwarp

Hi Andres, I like your theme ;D
Can you make step by step help how to change the Astonished logo? :P

SaltedWeb

How do you remove the shrink header icon ??

Thanks.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Ok I solved the shrink header, 
I am trying to find how to change the purple square in the upper right corner.
I wen thru most files looking for the color code purple that was in the CSS but didnt find it to
change the color. Its not an image but was not in css. Help appreciated.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

desiamerican26

Hi Diego,

I have a question. If I can change colors around the theme. This theme is really kool and nice. Just wanted to make some changes as those colors are very light.

Please see attached Image. The Top and Bottom letters....if I can make them or visible enough for people to read.

Thank You
Nikhil

desiamerican26

I was also wondering if I can change the header part, if I can make it scroll down with the while scroll the page down.

Thank You

desiamerican26

Cripocalypse

Very sorry for replying to an old topic, but I just need your help.
I really like the theme, good job on it, but can you please tell me how do I change my online status on it?

ninik

OK, I would like to ask one question...

In the astonished theme in which you can integrate facebook, twitter etc icons (one the top left side) which basically when clicked they guide the user to the relevant pages etc.

So far so good, with one exception: youtube.

To be more precise... when clicking on the icon it does re-direct the user to the correct youtube page BUT it also (is supposed, I guess) to auto-launch the youtube video in a smaller video-screen inside the forum.

And here is the problem that I encounter:
I am getting an error that it cannot play the video and the small screen appears black etc.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance...

Advertisement: