News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Well Hello !!!

Started by yc57-ben, October 04, 2011, 05:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yc57-ben

i basically thought i would introduce myself !!

I recently took over a forum called swiftowners recently due to my lack of knowledge on forums etc etc the site has probs been neglected over the last 6 months and im looking to transfer away from php3. I was recommened to try smf but my main concern is i wish to have a mobile version of the site too....

can anybody confirm if this is easy to do using smf, or would you recommend i paid for v bulltin ?

Hope you can help and sorry in advance if i cannot link my site but i thought it may give people a better understanding to my needs.

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Oldiesmann

If those don't work for you, there are a couple of 3rd-party options as well, but neither is completely free...

Tapatalk - allows your users to browse the forum using an app on their phones. Free for you, but not for your users, and the app would require them to search for your forum first. The app supports iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), Android and Blackberry, and costs $4.

SMF4Mobile - a nice mobile theme that allows your users to browse the forum directly from their mobile browsers without having to download or install any apps. The theme is $20 and includes a year of support and updates (after that it's an additional $20 per year for continued support and updates). It supports iOS, Android, Blackberry, WebOS (Palm) and newer versions of the Symbian OS.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: