Converter from SMF to IPB

Started by Hoobastank, August 12, 2005, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoobastank

Is there a converter from SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public to IPB 2.0.4?

NicH.

[Unknown]

We do not provide one, of course.  You'd have to ask Invision.

Why do you want to convert?

-[Unknown]

Hoobastank

Blah, never thought about that.

I run two forums. One of my forums is running SMF, and the other is IPB. I would like to switch that around.

NicH.

[Unknown]

Switch that around?  So they are both running Invision Power Board, or so they are running the opposite softwares?

Either way, it'd be helpful to know why you want to do so.

-[Unknown]

Hoobastank

I have a fitness forum: Biomuscle [nofollow] and a computer beta forum: Betaville Forums [nofollow].

Biomuscle is running SMF while Betaville is running IPB. I would like to have Betaville running SMF and Biomuscle running IPB.

The reason for the switch is pretty much member request. But I want to keep SMF on at least one of my boards, so I am converting it on Betaville. The IPB version on Biomuscle is pretty much just a trial, if they don't like it I am definately switching back to SMF. A lot less hassle and quicker support.

I emailed Invision about the converter, but I doubt I shall recieve a reply soon. Plus I think I read somewhere, that you had to buy it.  :o If so...BitTorrent here I come!

NicH.

Hoobastank

Wouldn't it be my luck? They do have a converter, but it is for SMF 1.0.x and not the BETA release.  :D

NicH.

destalk

I tried a YaBB to IPB conversion, before I knew that SMF existed. It was totally useless (and yes, I had to pay). It converted about 15% of threads (and that was incomplete). I got a refund and discovered SMF.

Oldiesmann

Why not just convert the one that's running IPB to SMF as well?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: