News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Delete or edit post count based membergroup

Started by timetraveller, October 10, 2011, 08:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timetraveller

I wanted to adjust my post count based member groups but I can't see how to either edit the post count of existing membergroups or delete a post count based membergroup that I no longer require. Can someone point me in the right direction please? :)

Shawn90

Both can be done. access your admin center and click on Membergroup. Go down to your post groups at the bottom and look on the right hand side of the post group and you should see a button called Modify. Click that and if you go do on the modify page towards the center of the page you should see a field called "Required Post" You can edit it and set it to what you want that group required post to be.
To delete the group follow the above steps but when you get to the modify page of the post group go to the bottom of the page where it says "save" and u should see delete right next to it. If you make changes to anything make sure you click save, thats the only way the changes will be applied.
Detroit Police Officer

timetraveller

Re. delete - there is no delete button next to the save button for me.

Re. modifying, the required post field is not editable - and if I click on the modify button at that point I'm taken to the edit membergroup page where there is nothing about postcounts.

Shawn90

Detroit Police Officer

timetraveller

Quote from: timetraveller on October 10, 2011, 08:54:54 AM
Re. delete - there is no delete button next to the save button for me.

Re. modifying, the required post field is not editable - and if I click on the modify button at that point I'm taken to the edit membergroup page where there is nothing about postcounts.

Any more advice on this please?

Illori

you can not delete the 0 post count based group it is required or you will face many issues. you can always blank out the name of the group.

timetraveller

I ended up with two 0 post count groups though as I wanted to edit the post count of one and I couldn't do it so I made another one. However, your answer has given me a way around it and I am now all sorted :-) Thank you  ;D

Advertisement: