News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks SEO Mod

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2011, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

SMFPacks SEO v1.0 - NIBOGO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Mod for your SMF Forum.

LITE (THIS) Version Features:
o Sitemap
o XML Sitemap
o Number of Page on Page Title.
o Admin Panel to Enable and Customize Above Options.

PRO Version Features (AVAILABLE AT SMFPACKS.COM):
Urls:

• Master Switch to Disable Pretty Urls in All Forum
  • Optionally Permanent Redirect (301) Old Urls to the New Urls Format.
  • Easily Customize URLs Format of Boards, Topics and Profiles. (Ex. Select if boards would be b{board_id} or b{board_name}_{board_id}) from Admin Panel.
  • Hierarchic URL Structure: URLs would follow a pattern, so you can easily go to the board of a topic just removing the topic part of the URL. Just like folders.
  • Friendly Urls for Boards
  • Friendly Urls for Topics
  • Friendly Urls for Profiles
  • Friendly Urls for Actions
  • Friendly Urls for Attachments
  • Limit URLs Lenght
  • Parse acronyms on Urls
  • Stopwords on URLs
  • Custom Stopwords
Google Analytics Integration:

• Google Analytics Graph on Admin Panel.
  • Secure Google Analytics Integration in Admin.
  • Easily integrate Google Analytics in your forum.
  • Optionally track external links with Analytics.
Sitemaps:

• Enable Sitemap.
  • Enable Sitemap XML.
  • Set Topics Showned per Page.
  • Select if Sitemap link will be showned in Menu, Footer or Both.
  • Ping Sitemap.
Linksbacks & Pings:

• Linkback: Simple URL showned in first post to avoid illegal copy of content via RSS Feeds.
  • Pingbacks: Pingbacks can be enabled to notify search engines about new content.
  • Set Sitemap Ping Frequency.
  • Enable Sitemap Pings for Google, Bing and Ask.
Topics:

• Show Signature only once per page for Guests.
  • Related Topics. (Using Fulltext on MySQL).
  • Set the number of topics showned in related topics.
  • Replace Previous and next Link in Threads with Topics Title.
  • Easily add Page Number on Message Index title.
  • Easily add Page Number on Topic title.
  • Customize Topic Title with some Pre-defined vars.
Posted Urls:

• Redirect all external posted links to Protect Privacy and outgoing links
  • Optionally add page titles to external links to create keyword-rich links.
  • Blacklist for above option, in case that some websites may have issues with it.
  • NoFollow tag added to all posted URLs
  • Whitelist for above option, to excluse those websites from that tag.
  • Blacklist, as above, but those websites will always have that tag.
Meta Tags:

• Dynamic Meta Keywords and Description in Topics, Message Index and Forum Index.
  • Set the maximun lenght of meta tags
  • Set a default meta description, when others aren't available.
  • Set a default meta keywords, when others aren't available.
  • Customize, with Pre-defined commands, Profiles Meta Description
  • Easily set copyright, audience, author, language and publisher tags
  • Optionally force Search Engines Spiders to ignore description from Yahoo's Directory and ODP Directory
Error Pages:

• Optionally Prevent indexation of error pages
  • Set what to show in a 404 Error: Custom or a Pre-Created Page.
  • Server Errors(404, 403...) will be showned in Forum Layout
Acronym Parser:

• Customized Acronyms, really useful to increase relevancy of content, replacing words like SMF with Simple Machines Forums.
  • Create unlimitied acronyms.
  • Optionally set if only whole words will be parsed.
  • Optionally ignore case when parsing acronyms.
  • URLs can be parsed too.
Social Bookmarks:

• Allow Social Bookmarks per Post.
  • Allow Social Bookmarks per Topic.
  • Optionally integrate Facebook Like on Topics.
  • Enable/Disable each site (Twitter, Facebook, Digg.it, FUrl and others).
Misc:

• Set an specific theme exclusive for Guests and Robots in that way SEO themes will be available to Search Engines.
  • Edit .htaccess file directly from Admin Panel.
  • Implementation of nofollow tag, noindex meta tag, and 404/403 headers in specific sites where they must be.
  • SEO Warning: Warnings about bad functionalities, broken links, and settings that aren't activated that could increase SEO on your website.

Manual Edit:

Simple database installer just upload the db_install.php file and browse it using your web browser:

http://www.yourforum.com/smf/db_install.php

Languages:
- English/English UTF8

Compatibility:

Changelog:
+ = New Features | ! = Bug Fixing | @ = Change | - = Feature Removed | * = Important Info

Version 1.0 - 23/June/2011
* Modification Released

Aportadordelmix

Ron Sebastian

it is a great post . you describe the things very well. it is a great post.

Enc0der

^^^ lol @ robot :)

Nibogo, the screenshots of the PRO version doesn't work...
I'm interested in this mod, especially this part: "Hierarchic URL Structure: URLs would follow a pattern, so you can easily go to the board of a topic just removing the topic part of the URL. Just like folders."

Do you have a demo somewhere where I can see how it (all the features) works ?

Ricky.

Nibogo, thats really cool, your pro version is pretty cool and you have really done right job. I have been into forum SEO from long and your mod does almost everything I can think of. :)

Nibogo

Quote from: Ricky. on November 07, 2011, 10:23:14 AM
Nibogo, thats really cool, your pro version is pretty cool and you have really done right job. I have been into forum SEO from long and your mod does almost everything I can think of. :)

I'm glad you like it :)

Weatherservice

Hey Nibogo,

I'd like to use this mod for my website. Can u give us an example of a website who uses your mod?

Regards
Unique weathercapture: check www.weatherservice.be

Robert.

shumilica

I installed the light version and this error keeps appearing into my error log:

Unknown column 'b.member_groups' in 'where clause'
/home/xxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Seo.php
Row: 229

Any thoughts?
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

EddieC

Any plans to make this available for 1.1.xx?
Liverpool FC news site & LFC forum with over 150k posts
Football forum for fans of all English clubs
Cheap A4 colour printing

Realinfo

what url for sitemap...........

bsteamy

Hello, How do you upgrade ticket to urgent to high in your support area?
It is low by default and I can't find option to upgrade to high.

After installation of SEO Pro Mod, any posting/modifying or external link posting giving me 404 page.
If I, or member want to post or modify anything after submitting  it will go to 404 page. Post will eventually show in forum but first it will be redirected to 404.

Also when I insert external link in the post, it will add my main domain in front of link, that will again send me to 404 page. Like this:

I want to link to hxxp:someothersite.com [nonactive], but inserting hiper link, I will get this:

hxxp:mysite.com/smf/seored/u=http%3A%2F%2Fsomeothersite.com%2%2F%3Fcat%3D5 [nonactive]

In the preview of post I just see [ url ]hxxp:someothersite.com [nonactive][ /url ]

I am running 2.0.2 version with  Default Theme - Curve

sirwilliams

I will try this Engine , anyone have use this before , can you review this MOD

bsteamy

I tried installing mod on my existing web site. Did not work. I installed mod on brand new fresh installation of SMF. Did not work. I installed this mod on SMF forum installed in root directory as well as in sub directory, did not work. I installed your mod on SMF forum freshly installed using Fantastico on Hostgator. Did not work. I installed your mod on manually installed forum downloaded from SMF download section. Did not work. I installed your mod on freshly installed SMF using Softocolous  on Webhostpad servers. Did not work. I installed your mod on manually instaled SMF hosted on Webhosting pad server. Did not work.

So I tried using your mod on two different hosting companies, using manually and automatically installed SMF forums. I tried on my existing website as well as on freshly installed forums, without any additional mods installed. DID NOT WORK.

Ah yeah....also I repeated all above mentioned scenarios with two of your latest versions of your mod. Did not work.

I offered you access to my cpanel and ftp. You did not reply to that. I asked you what changes on server my host should do to make it work. You did not reply to that . Your technical support is non-exhisting, slowest and worst I ever experienced. You are not giving me any useful information that possibly can solve issue. Your last reply was exactly like this: "if that feature is not working I don't know why you need it so badly, all the other features are going to work and you can even use another pretty urls mod thatworks with your server"

Because I paid for full set of promised features, not for some of them.

Not likely, but I am open to possibility that could be issue with two very popular and known hosting companies. However any attempt to get any useful information from tech support of this mod failed.

Mod features sounds good in theory, that is why I purchase it in first place, but if you have problem with it, do not count on any tech support. IT DOES NOT EXIST. After opening ticket, it will take a days for you to get rubbish non helping replay from owner.  Refund of the money is also rejected.
If anyone is interested screen capture of complete conversation with tech support is available. Good only for laugh !
I regret that I did not search forums on seller before I paid for this mode. If you do, you could find other buyers with similar issues with this guy.

Nibogo

I gave you an htaccess that worked for everybody but you, it didn't worked, I toll you what you could ask to Hostgator, but your reply was that you tried in two hosting companies. That feature is working normally in all tests I did, and I'm in my last week of this semester so I've final exams almost every day, that's why I'm not replying as fast as you would like to.

bsteamy

Quote from: Nibogo on May 15, 2012, 02:27:40 PM
I gave you an htaccess that worked for everybody but you, it didn't worked, I toll you what you could ask to Hostgator, but your reply was that you tried in two hosting companies. That feature is working normally in all tests I did, and I'm in my last week of this semester so I've final exams almost every day, that's why I'm not replying as fast as you would like to.

Not only that you are lousy businessman, but you lie as well. Ticket is still open on your admin area. There is no any reply from you where you are giving me any answer what possibly Hostgator should do to make it work. If you are referring to this replay"To verify, script should be working normally, if pretty urls are, redirection from php files should do it too. I've no reports about it from other customers". You obviously did not even read what problem was. And what are you talking about in this replay anyway? What files you are referring to?

If you had time issue because of personal things, you could say something about it, not let buyers wait 3 or 4 days for replay. Speed of your reply doesn't really mean anything anyway, since they are worthless. 
It is very interesting how you found time right away to reply very quickly to critic in public forum !

Advertisement: