"Not returning to the Post"

Started by kat, October 11, 2011, 01:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

strange as that thread you linked to sounds like an issue with anchors and not an issue with the default settings of the forum/user going back to the thread and not index.

Kindred

return to the message index is the default (which is the best and correct behavior)
return to the topic is not the default, unless the admin has set his system-defaults differently.

As for what the behavior is for return to topic  --- I tested this one three 2.0 boards...  it correctly returns to the POST that I just made in the topic.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Quote from: Kindred on October 11, 2011, 01:58:19 PM
return to the message index is the default (which is the best and correct behavior)

Really?

I don't know anyone that has it set that way.

Everybody seems to prefer to see their post, to make sure it's OK.

Illori

and who is to say that this is the correct behavior? just because you like it this way does not mean everyone does, if most users prefer that it be otherwise i think the default should be changed in the next major release.

Kindred

yup, really.

honestly K@, I have never seen anyone set it that way...   and on any site which has that as the default, it is one of the first thing that I change (and, with 32,000 users logging into one of my sites, I have never had a complaint about it being set to return to the index.)

As for reviewing your post -- that's what preview is for.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

i always go back to my post by default so i can review it, and many users here have asked how to set it as default in support topics.

kat

Same here.

Odd how our experiences, with that, are 180 degrees different, innit, Kindred?

Oh, well... It was just a suggestion.

Kindred

definitely odd...   it always struck me as strange to have that on any board where I have seen it. My thought was "this is silly... why would anyone have ti go back to the post"

Just remember, I am always right*. :)

(* except when my wife disagrees)
Слaва
Украинi

Norv

Personally, I always return to my post. :) And many times edit it for something trivial. :D
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kindred

don't you guys use the preview post for that? ???
Слaва
Украинi

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Illori

i dont use the preview for my posts as i use the quick reply and it takes more steps to do that

kat

Nope, coz Illori would beat me to EVERY post, if I did that! ;)

Illori

hehe, not all of them ;) i do have a life outside the forum

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Illori

nope you are the weird one, we are all normal.

kat

Weirdness is one of those inherited diseases that we get from our kids.

Or, in my case, my wife's.

Norv

Advertisement: