Advance Facebook Like button with OpenGraph (For Each Post)

Started by Ricky., October 15, 2011, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Advance Facebook Like button with SEND button and Open Graph Support
by Ricky. |  Mod Support | My Other Mods
For SMF 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1

Download this MOD | View More Details

Description

This Mod allows you to add Facebook like button at prominent location on your forum along with open graph and with option to specify your own image which will be shown along with your shared link on Facebook , you can use your logo as shared image which will help you to spread your name. With Open Graph Support it lets you to use features like Facebook Insight so that you can check how many people Liked and Shared your link on facebook etc.

You may get your facebook link App ID and Admin ID here. Though it may work without it also but obtaining one is recommended.

Features

• Lets you specify FB Admin ID and App ID so that you can track your facebook LIKE button activity on Facebook insight.
  • Ability to provide custom image which will be shown along your shared URL on facebook, helps to increase awareness bout your site.
  • Ability to disable / enable like button inside topics.
  • Also lets you to show FB like button on each post of a given topic. You can turn it OFF / ON from Admin panel.

Demo

Demo can be found here -->
Webmaster Forum- ifandbut.com

Installation

Simply install it via package manager.

Installation on Custom Template

This MOD need manual modification in order to function on custom themes other than default. You can use Package Parser to do the required changes. If you are unsure about it then you can ask me.

Administration

After install you can access it through Admin Panel where you can specify your own Message for Guests as well as for Members.

• For SMF 2.0, 2.0.1 , 2 RC 5 :
    Goto --> Admin --> Configuration --> Modification --> Miscellaneous 

Customization

This MOD allows you to have basic facebook like button on every page of the website, if not on topic, clicking like button will actually submit your main Forum URL and if on topic then it will submit your TOPIC url. You can turn off in-topic LIKE button which also includes FB send button.

Changelog

0.2 - Added feature to show FB like button on each posts of given topic.
        Removed FB like button from Administration Area to avoid unnecessary facebook OG calls

0.1 - Initial release

vbgamer45

Awesome idea. The open graph part is awesome being able to track likes a lot easier.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ricky.

Thank you.. actually I was doing this on my few forum from long..really interesting to see what facebook is giving to your.. OR rather.. whats its taking :P... thought to share with SMF community also. :)

Bancherd

Hmm, is this mod compatible with SMF2.0.1?  I am using SMF2.0.1 and managed to install this mod while emulating  SMF2.0.

However, when I went to the configuration page, I got blank screen.  :-\

Thanks.

;D

Ricky.

It is compatible with SMF2.0.1 , I only need to modify few small things, will update.
However, you got blank screen, that may due to that mod not properly installed.

Bancherd

Thanks for the response, I will wait for the update then try again.  :D

Ricky.

I have updated this MOD  to work with current version of SMF as well as added option to show FB like button on each post.

PLAYBOY

Do you have to have an app id to use this mod? All i want is to have a facebook share or like button for each post (not each topic but post)

Ricky.

It will work without them too but obtaining one is easy, just use your current FB ccount and shall work. That way you can see how many pages are being liked, what traffic you get from FB and what traffic you sent to FB !

PLAYBOY

Yeah but to get an app id you have to give your real personal info (phone number/cc number etc.) otherwise you cant get your own app id.

Ricky.

Well, then I have tested it and works without using them ie. leaving all blank ..Go ahead and use it.. only thing you need to do is to enable it..

PLAYBOY

Yeah i am using it now. Its very very nice. Good job with it. Thank you.

The only thing that kinda bothered me is that there is no option to disable the like button on the top right corner of each page. That button covers my search bar.

Also i think it would be helpful to have the options in permissions for each membergroup.

Ricky.

hmm..

You can customize css so that it won't overlap with each other.  Hmm.. I will consider adding option to disable top button in future update.

PLAYBOY

Can you help me out on that? Like what code i need to adjust and what should i do? I am not good at those.

Ricky.

PLAYBOY

I can give you any file you need. Just ask.
I use Mineral Multicolor theme

Ricky.

PM me your site link if you have privacy concern.

Bancherd

Works great on my forum!  Thank you.  :)

My earlier problem must be due to my host's configurations.

PLAYBOY

Quote from: Ricky. on October 28, 2011, 05:52:24 AM
PM me your site link if you have privacy concern.

I actually do. I cant give my site address. Please understand.
But i can put any file  or a screenshot here

Ricky.

Well, then I suggest you to remove top button code.. its simply matter of removing one line..
In index.template.php
Find :
<fb:like send="false" layout="button_count" width="100" show_faces="false" font=""></fb:like>
Remove it and make sure you don't touch anything else.

@Bancherd
I am glad you liked it.

Advertisement: