Advance Facebook Like button with OpenGraph (For Each Post)

Started by Ricky., October 15, 2011, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 02:42:54 PM
I won't do that either. It's not my issue, it's yours. Thanks. You can read and understand better than I can.
mashby,I know,thats what I was waiting for before you jumped on my case about all this.I understood.

krash661

Quote from: Ricky. on January 09, 2012, 11:47:39 PM
In version 2.0.x of SMF, it also install modification to custom themes automatically but you have to manually select it (Given that your custom theme is not very different from default theme in terms of page code.)

Ricky, do you mean this(the below Image) when you say " but you have to manually select it  " ?

If so I've already tried that and it still wont work.

Ricky.

Yes, this is what I mean. You now need to do manual changes to that theme.   See Manual Installation of Mods
Also, please understand that we all are here volunteer, likewise mashby also tried to help you and you should be thankful to him.

I hope I am not asking too much here.

krash661

Quote from: Ricky. on January 11, 2012, 04:51:58 AM
Yes, this is what I mean. You now need to do manual changes to that theme.   See Manual Installation of Mods
Also, please understand that we all are here volunteer, likewise mashby also tried to help you and you should be thankful to him.

I hope I am not asking too much here.
I understand that,but that guy was trying to say i was being impatient cause i had 3 different subjects going at the same time in their proper places,then it became an issue cause i asked if i can put  codes on my site with out SMF or SMF mods...that guy didnt understand my situation and jumped to conclusions..and then it escalated cause of his lack of taking the time to read the conversations instead of assuming . He did not understand what was occurring.Then i was the one told i was being impatient and rude cause i said i could not wait for a mod to be merged when iwas told by the author " i dont know " on a time frame,I said i need these mods desperately so i cant wait for a " i dont know", that could be months as far as i know, so i asked if i can get these widgets on my site without SMF or the SMF mods. and they got pissed at that saying, Im  impatient. so honestly, i dont know.but I dont have a problem with being patient.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=465004.msg3247285#msg3247285

Ricky.

Just take it easy, we all here to help and even when you learn things, you can help others.

Now the mod, I hope you got it working :)

krash661

Quote from: Ricky. on January 17, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

Now the mod, I hope you got it working :)

NO , I have no knowledge in that changing files thing, so I dont bother doing that stuff... I just download and install the mods.

distante

Does anyone have a problem with the facebook SDK making a loop in Internet Explorer 8? I just to have this problem in joomla and fix it with the channel.html file and sending a header but I can't find the proper way to do it in smf.

And without this the mod can't function ok in Ie. =\

Ricky.

I can see it working in IE 8 .. where exactly you are facing problem ?

distante

This happen to me before in one site where I'm using joomla, the browser star to reload it self making a loop ( in here there are a topic about this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5640260/facebook-permissions-in-ie-causing-infinite-facebook-loop and also a lot of this in google searching "facebook internet explorer loop")

In my joomla site, I added the channel file and channel file ref in the script, also in the php the header send, (header('p3p: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTR STP IND DEM"'); ) and then the problem stops, but I can't get it work in smf. I already ask where I bought my theme and confirm that isn't a theme problem.

I'm making tests and the "crash" in IE only happen when the tag <fb:like> is called, each time that I change to another page/topic in my forum IE crashes, but if the <fb:like> isn't in the code all works fine.

Ricky.

Ok , may be something is causing issue or conflict as I have tested it on IE8 too, see http://ifandbut.com , its being used there.

distante

Oh! did you config anything special in your FB app? or just the default settings?

Ricky.

By this mod, you get all features  FB offers properly integrated with SMF .

distante

Is possible to enable/disable the sdk code in the administration? or I need to edit the code? Because I'm thinking of install the SA FB integration mod, that don't have Open Graph integrated, but have the FB login/register feature; and I'm not sure if the two mods can live together without messing with the code.

Ricky.

I don't think it will interfere unless SA FB integration adds something similar to LIKE / Share button. 

distante

pixeleyes

How I can change the place of LIKE/SEND buttons.
I want in bottom after post.

2. How to remove Facebook like button from Members & Profile pages.

dough29

Hey there !

We are using this mod on our forum : hxxp:forum-clio.com [nonactive]

We also avec the issue with the horizontal scrollbar.

I read that is in the TODO list so I'm waiting for this ;)

THanks a lot !

GlitchPC

Ricky...

I just installed this mod...thanks!

As it stands...I have it configured the way I want it...with my FB Admin ID but, not an application ID.  I've only tried it once and it doesn't seem to be pulling the image from the location I added in the settings of this mod.  I've modified the code so that the Like and Send buttons are displayed on the left side...just under the topic.  I'm not sure if I need to configure anything else or, not.  I just want to make sure the image gets posted when I "Like" and "Post" the comment.  So far...it grabs whatever image is available.

May I make a suggestion?

Instead of giving permissions for this mod...just configure it so it is only used within certain boards.  As it stands now...it's almost perfect.  It just doesn't have a place on certain forums of my site.  I mean...I can see it on certain forums...but, I wouldn't necessarily use it in an Off Topic forum...know what I mean?

I look forward to your reply.

Ricky.

You mean giving it board basis permission.
Well, there are so many things which can be done this mod, I am busy for a while but when I do I update, I will try to implement most of the suggestion.

Regarding image, you have to give full image page.

Quote from: pixeleyes on February 28, 2012, 10:34:46 AM
How I can change the place of LIKE/SEND buttons.
I want in bottom after post.

2. How to remove Facebook like button from Members & Profile pages.

On profile page, its actually linking to your main page, so if anyone clicks like on that page, he /she will actually like your forums' main page. I don't see reason to remove it from there.

GlitchPC

The image is working now...

I forgot I had to make some additional code changes to my custom theme.

As far as permissions go....I just don't want the facebook like/send buttons used on certain forums.  Other than that...I'm completely satisfied with this mod.

Advertisement: