Advance Facebook Like button with OpenGraph (For Each Post)

Started by Ricky., October 15, 2011, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krash661

I just read this,

Installation on Custom Template
This MOD need manual modification in order to function on custom themes other than default. You can use Package Parser to do the required changes. If you are unsure about it then you can ask me.

Does this mean I have to change files? , if so why cant this just be included in the package?..I'm not into changing files and such. It's best to just upload and click the install button and have it work properly,In my opinion. So in other words, It does not work? It does not make sense to sit here and change everything when It's stated it works..

Ricky.

Well, not really true, I need to modify this, just during installation select your custom theme also, in 90% cases, will be installed easily on other themes too.

krash661

Quote from: Ricky. on January 09, 2012, 12:28:06 AM
Well, not really true, I need to modify this, just during installation select your custom theme also, in 90% cases, will be installed easily on other themes too.

I don't understand what you mean by " just during installation select your custom theme also ". does this also conflict with other mods that are similar to what this mod does?

Ricky.

In version 2.0.x of SMF, it also install modification to custom themes automatically but you have to manually select it (Given that your custom theme is not very different from default theme in terms of page code.)

krash661

Quote from: Ricky. on January 09, 2012, 11:47:39 PM
In version 2.0.x of SMF, it also install modification to custom themes automatically but you have to manually select it (Given that your custom theme is not very different from default theme in terms of page code.)

" but you have to manually select it ".....How do I do this? I'm using the Insidious designed by TD-Forums theme.

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 12:35:22 PM
Admin > Package Manager > Advanced.

Quote from: krash661 on January 08, 2012, 04:34:12 PM
yeah, It does not show up on my test forum at all.And i searched everywhere for it.everything is enabled,but no show.
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.1
Theme:Insidious by TD-Forums.
Modification Packages:
   Mod Name                                                Version    
1.    AjaxChat Integration                                3.2.2b
2.    SMF 2.0.1 Update                                            1.0
3.    Advance Facebook Like with OpenGraph    0.2    
4.    Soundcloud                                                    1.0    
5.    YouTube BBCode                                            2.6    
6.    New Hooks                                                    0.1    
7.    Quick Translation                                            0.5

Mashby,I've already tried that.see you don't understand what's going on and you want to jump to conclusions and discipline me.

mashby

Discipline you? OK. Not sure I'm doing that. Moderating maybe.

Advance Facebook Like with OpenGraph    0.2   
Below #7, do you see an Advanced link at all?
- James M. Barrie

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 01:09:09 PM
Discipline you? OK. Not sure I'm doing that. Moderating maybe.

Advance Facebook Like with OpenGraph    0.2   
Below #7, do you see an Advanced link at all?
mashby,Do you want to log im my test forum as admin so you understand what's going on,that why this could be cleared up cause im being miss understood or I'm not understanding on all aspects ??
And this miss understanding is escalating into issues,im not having an attitude at all or trying to

mashby

- James M. Barrie

mashby

You have to add your Facebook IDs in the Miscelleneous settings.
Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings.
- James M. Barrie

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 02:00:10 PM
does the emulate 2.0rc3 effect any other mods that are not compatible with that version or lower,all my mods are 2.0.1 and some of them only function on 2.0.1 and  are not compatible with any versions lower than 2.0.1 ?

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 02:00:10 PM
and also,where's the buttons?they are not showing anywhere?

mashby

Emulate version doesn't affect installed mods. It just tells Package Manager to think of the installed software as the version in the field. You'll also notice a Revert link. To answer your question about it not showing up, please read the message you quoted.
- James M. Barrie

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 02:12:55 PM
Emulate version doesn't affect installed mods. It just tells Package Manager to think of the installed software as the version in the field. You'll also notice a Revert link. To answer your question about it not showing up, please read the message you quoted.
please read below link ,it explains it should work with out all that,unless I don't understand?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=456027.msg3195840#msg3195840

mashby

I'll let the mod author determine that. I have no idea.
- James M. Barrie

krash661

Quote from: mashby on January 10, 2012, 02:32:02 PM
I'll let the mod author determine that. I have no idea.
Now you see what Ive been saying?

mashby

- James M. Barrie

krash661

mashby,then i found out this

" Installation on Custom Template
This MOD need manual modification in order to function on custom themes other than default. You can use Package Parser to do the required changes. If you are unsure about it then you can ask me. "

please read this conversation ,as it will show the new problem and how you miss understood what's going on and jumped on my case.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=456027.msg3246466#msg3246466

mashby

I won't do that either. It's not my issue, it's yours. Thanks. You can read and understand better than I can.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: