News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Editing Footer

Started by solocanoe, October 22, 2011, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solocanoe

I'd like to edit my footer area. Can someone explain how I can achieve this?  Ideally, I'd like to remove the current content on the footer and replace it with my own.

Thanks!

TheListener

can I ask the type of content?

The copyrights do have to stay though.

Flypside

Open the index.template.php and search "copyright" u will be see the footer area.But u musn't delete copyrights.
SMF SUPPORT SERVICE | SEO | PORTAL | FORUM | MOD | THEME | DATABASE | GOOGLE OPT vs..

ingilizce dökümanları

TheListener

QuoteThe copyrights do have to stay though

I believe that's what I said.

solocanoe

Just wanted to put our website name in there, not going to delete anything!

Thanks for the help

Flypside

SMF SUPPORT SERVICE | SEO | PORTAL | FORUM | MOD | THEME | DATABASE | GOOGLE OPT vs..

ingilizce dökümanları

TheListener

There is a Custom Copyright mod if you are not comfortable adding anything there manually.

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

solocanoe

Thanks for the mod. I was able to edit this area however what I'm really trying to do delete the line just below that has

XHTML RSS WAPS Install Simple Machines Forum and also has webhosting information....

Any ideas?

Herman's Mixen

open index.template.php

search for

<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>

below there is this line you can delete this one

<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>

;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

KensonPlays

Yes, but most users don't like to mess with the code, this is less likely to completely mess up the forum/website.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

solocanoe

I just tried installing that package and got this error message.

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Is it safe to continue anyways or are there issues here?

Illori

you would need to manually do the edit that failed.

Manual Installation of Mods

Advertisement: