Individual theme settings that should, perhaps, be global?

Started by kat, October 26, 2011, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

After all, to use "Word censoring" as an example, surely if you want words censoring, you'd want them censoring throughout the forum, not just for people using specific theme, wouldn't you?

Logo image URL:
Site slogan:
Show current position in forum as link instead of text:
Enable and show 'Mark as Read' buttons:
Allow users to turn off word censoring:
Enable random news line in the forum header:
Show news fader on board index:
Fading delay between items for the news fader:
Number of recent posts to display on board index:
Show statistics on board index:
Show latest member on board index:
Show group key on board index:
Show who is viewing the board index and posts:
Show last modification date on modified posts:
Show view profile button under post:
Show user avatars in message view:
Show personal text in message view:
Show gender images in message view:
Hide post group titles for grouped members:
Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages?:
Enable collapsible additional post options:

Posts such as THIS made me decide to post this.

Illori

Antechinus

NOT logo image URL, as that will often be set on a per theme basis if using several custom themes. Go on, ask me how I know. :D

SleePy

I could see how most of those we would want to have set only per theme though.  Word censoring has been "fixed" in trunk though.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Antechinus

I think most of that list should be global. Offhand the logo one is the only one I'd disagree with.

kat

Illori

i think that would be more complicated one setting in one place is best, if global or by theme one or the other not both.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Antechinus on October 26, 2011, 05:54:17 PM
I think most of that list should be global. Offhand the logo one is the only one I'd disagree with.
Ditto.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Akyhne

I would probably keep a few of the mentioned features. However, I would also add a few, like member colors.

Advertisement: