Problem with SQLite and SMF

Started by Feche, October 30, 2011, 09:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feche

I had the forum running for almost 1 month - 2 months, but yesterday I wanted to go the forum and the page stayed blank.

I re-installed SMF (I did a backup from the old .db) and was working like a charm, then I replaced the database with my forum database and again, the same error.

So then, I believe that it's a database error, what could it be? It's the second time that this happends to me and I don't want to start a new forum from 0 again..

Thanks!

emanuele

Few general questions.

Do you have any mod installed?
If so which?

Are you using the default theme? If no, does it work with the default?

You may want to try to install SQLiteManager (see this post for instructions on how to set it up) and see if you can still access your database.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Feche

Hey there,

Yes, I only have installed Simple Portal v2.2, and the skin that I use is Inferno.

And becouse the forum is blank, I can't change the theme problem, so I don't know if it's a theme problem.

Thanks.

emanuele

You can add "?theme=1" to the url of your forum (i.e. http://www.yoursit/yourforu/index.php?theme=1) and the theme will be changed to default. :)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Feche

Hey,

It's still not working :(

What could it be?

Thanks.

emanuele

Did you try with SQLiteManager to see if the database doesn't have any problem?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Feche

Yep, but it doesn't open it.

Thanks.

emanuele

I'm not sure what could be, a couple of ideas, but probably Oldiesmann could know better than me what's going on.

Two things I can suggest are: 1) check the permissions of the database file, 2) check the size of the file (if you have any restriction on file size or space limit).
Another thing I would try is rename the database file and change the corresponding name on Settings.php.

The last thing I would suggest is: can you try the database on your own computer? (or another server?)
Check Wampserver or VertrigoServ if you need something easy to set up on your computer. :)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Oldiesmann

I know nothing about SQLite, so I won't be much help here.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

emanuele

Ops, sorry I mixed your name, sqlite and postgre... :-[

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Norv

In addition to the suggestions of emanuele in reply #7,
Could you please try to find the webserver logs (hopefully you might have php logging enabled; they're typically in apache's logs folder, eventually a folder /logs in your account), and look for the last errors, they may give a clue as to what's up.

Also, I understand that SQLiteManager doesn't work to open the database... Could you please say what does message does it give?Eventually, can you try to see that you have the line

define ( "sqlite3", false);

in SQLiteManager's user_defined.inc.php
(instructions to find the file are here: http://www.sqlitemanager.org/en/installation/sqlitemanager/parameterising-of-sqlitemanager.html)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: