News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Show User Posts By Certain Boards

Started by live627, November 07, 2011, 04:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Link to the mod

Show User Posts By Certain Boards

A simple modification which allows users to filter results as shown by show posts/topics/attachments in the profile section of a user to specific boards.

View changelog

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

MiY4Gi

Would it be possible to use board titles instead of board id's, even if I have to hard-code it into my forum?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

ascaland

Quote from: MiY4Gi on November 10, 2011, 11:07:50 AM
Would it be possible to use board titles instead of board id's, even if I have to hard-code it into my forum?

Im actually going to be doing that with the built-in SMF dropdown feature. Should be up this weekend if I can get my customization site up!

digger

ascaland

Quote from: digger on November 10, 2011, 05:24:56 PM
What about specific topic id(s)?

I COULD, but im thinking thats more along the lines of a different sort of modification.

danielwmoore

Quote from: Project Evolution on November 10, 2011, 04:33:14 PM
Quote from: MiY4Gi on November 10, 2011, 11:07:50 AM

Im actually going to be doing that with the built-in SMF dropdown feature. Should be up this weekend if I can get my customization site up!

That's the one I want.  I've had moderators at my site requesting this ability.

ascaland

Version 1.1 is now up and features the awaited dropdown suggestion menu! Please report any issues you have with it.

oove

The new version works a bit weird. Firstly, it needs first 3 characters for droplist even to show, which doesn't work with some of my 2 char. boards (for example, IT, PE, etc.). Secondly, I can't just type "board_title", I have to select it from the list, and when I do that - it transforms to integer (board id), which is a bit confusing.

It would be much better just to type in board title, press filter, and get the results, IMO.

ascaland

The dropdown only works after you type 3 characters for each board, it doesnt make much sense to query the entire database just to get an extra character in the text field. As for the integer, this is to avoid having to match entire strings in the database, which is more efficient especially if you have a lot of boards and big names (not to mention avoiding special characters).

hcfwesker

Just want to tell you this MOD is awesome, and very much appreciated.   I had a member request a feature like this months ago and could finally get this added.  thank you very much. :)

And, I would also like the suggestion to search topics, as well, even if you do make a separate MOD, that would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I would like added to this MOD, is if boards are Ignored by members, they don't show in the search, even for admins.

ascaland

Quote from: hcfwesker on November 15, 2011, 03:35:45 PM
Just want to tell you this MOD is awesome, and very much appreciated.   I had a member request a feature like this months ago and could finally get this added.  thank you very much. :)

And, I would also like the suggestion to search topics, as well, even if you do make a separate MOD, that would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I would like added to this MOD, is if boards are Ignored by members, they don't show in the search, even for admins.

Thanks! Definitely going to be reworking the query this weekend.

ascaland

I have just updated the mod with a little bug fix, it would show board names that are supposed to be set for them not to see. This has been fixed.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Project Evolution on November 18, 2011, 05:10:09 PM
I have just updated the mod with a little bug fix, it would show board names that are supposed to be set for them not to see. This has been fixed.

I didn't even think to test that ... Very nice update!  Any chance you can show the edit that needs to be done manually.  I get 2 uninstall errors, but when I click to see what they are, it shows two blanks in the box.

ascaland

In Subs-Editor.php I changed the query,
Code (From) Select
// Find the board(s).
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_board, name
FROM {db_prefix}boards
WHERE name LIKE {string:search}
LIMIT ' . ($smcFunc['strlen']($_REQUEST['search']) <= 2 ? '100' : '800'),
array(
'search' => $_REQUEST['search'],
)
);

Code (To) Select
// Find the board(s).
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_board, name
FROM {db_prefix}boards AS b
WHERE {query_see_board} AND name LIKE {string:search}
LIMIT ' . ($smcFunc['strlen']($_REQUEST['search']) <= 2 ? '100' : '800'),
array(
'search' => $_REQUEST['search'],
)
);

hcfwesker

Thank you so much!  Look forward to future updates :)

samurai-lupin

Hello, this looks like a great mod! Could you please also do a version for SMF 1.1 ? Thank you

ascaland

Quote from: samurai-lupin on December 27, 2011, 11:09:45 PM
Hello, this looks like a great mod! Could you please also do a version for SMF 1.1 ? Thank you

To be honest im not very fond of updating mods for legacy versions of SMF. :-\

Jeff B

Everything looks good on my board, it installed without flaw, but it doesn't do anything when you click filter, no matter what board you choose, the results remain the same. Something I may be missing?

ascaland

Quote from: Jeff B on January 02, 2012, 10:42:44 PM
Everything looks good on my board, it installed without flaw, but it doesn't do anything when you click filter, no matter what board you choose, the results remain the same. Something I may be missing?

Odd... Did it install properly? Were there any errors during installation? Anything in error log?

Advertisement: