News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrading problems.

Started by Zoralink, August 16, 2005, 05:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoralink

Hello I'm new to this forum, just to introduce myself I'm Zoralink and I have an SMF forum myself that I use for my sites message board. Onto the point, I recently upgraded it from 1.0.5 to 1.1 BETA 3 Public. Everything went so smoothly until I noticed some strange errors.

I used the pm as normal and after I used it the error log showed 2 pages worth of "undefined index" errors for PersonalMessage.php page in the sources directory.
Also when you get a new pm it will remain new even if you read it, it will also say you have a new message if you delete the message altogether e.g.
Hey Zoralink, you have 0 messages, 1 are new  ???

They're the main problems the only one is when I go on admin it asks me to login as standard, I put in my password and yet it just goes back to the login page.

If you could help I would be most greatful, thankyou,
Zoralink.

dreamcloud

Yep..same things happening to me too. Hope someone gives a solution.

[Unknown]

The personal message section was not compatbile, most unfortunately, with PHP 4.1.x.  The next release should resolve your problems.

-[Unknown]

Zoralink

So is 4.1.x the latest version, and therefore the pm section has not been made fully workable with it, if so that's fine and I'm happy to wait till beta 4 public, but is this the same with the admin problem with logging in?

[Unknown]

No, PHP 4.1.0 is ancient and is neither stable (it has none bugs where it crashes) nor secure.  Since then, PHP 4.2.0 has been released, PHP 4.3.0 has been released (nor easily a year old itself) and 4.4.0 is the latest version.  PHP 5.0.4 is also available.

But, SMF should work better with this (very old) version of PHP upon next release.

Would it be possible to give me a test account to see the admin login problem?  I'd guess sha1.js was not uploaded.

-[Unknown]

Zoralink

oh yeah *smacks head* so what should I ask my host to update the php to?

Oh and admin problem, its easier to just describe it, you click on admin, you get the login box, you type your password, enter, and goes back to the login box.

Ben_S

PHP 4.4.0 is the latest stable release of 4.x
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: