Users changing topic title

Started by roy123456789, November 16, 2011, 10:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy123456789

I have a user who keeps changing the topic titles for their posts, for example when replying to this thread changing the topic title from Users changing topic title to xxxx , can this facility be removed?

roy123456789

this post example of what I mean

zzpoointzz

i was trying to do that to !... an answer to this question would help us 2

zzpoointzz

Huzzy

Go into permissions and find one which says "Do not allow members to change topic title"
Check out my forum by clicking here! or visit
www.dawahforum.com

Illori

Chas Large

Anyone know of a code change I can make to switch this facility off? It's becoming painful with members changing titles all the time just for the fun of it.

Many thanks.

Chas.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Burke ♞ Knight

Edit All Message Titles - Can at least change all back to the original.

I think there was a discussion about removing the field for replies, but I can't find it.

EDIT: Found this. Re: Carrying Topic Title

The edit shown, removes the ability to add subject while replying to a post.

Chas Large

Quote from: Burke ♞ Knight on May 27, 2015, 03:15:13 PM
Edit All Message Titles - Can at least change all back to the original.

I think there was a discussion about removing the field for replies, but I can't find it.
Thanks, I was aware of that mod but I want to stop it before it starts, prevention better than cure in effect.

I'll have a tinker and see if I can work out a mod of my own.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Burke ♞ Knight

Chas, I found this. Re: Carrying Topic Title

Chas Large

Quote from: Burke ♞ Knight on May 27, 2015, 03:20:19 PM
Chas, I found this. Re: Carrying Topic Title

Thanks, I'll give that a go. :)

Chas Large

Tried that code and it's 90% there, just that when new topics created you can't add a new subject and the icons just show as a list of names.

I'll work on it and maybe make it a mod.

Thanks to Burke Knight and ahrasis on the other topic for the code.

Sir Osis of Liver

Something like this?

Post.template.php -

/// Now show the subject box for this post.
echo '
<dt>
<span', isset($context['post_error']['no_subject']) ? ' class="error"' : '', ' id="caption_subject">', $txt['subject'], ':</span>
</dt>
<dd>';

if ($user_info['groups']['0'] == '1' || $context['subject'] == null)

echo '
<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />';

else

echo '
<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" readonly />';

echo '

</dd>
<dt class="clear_left">
', $txt['message_icon'], ':

And globalize it here -

// The main template for the post page.
function template_main()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings, $counter, $user_info;

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

player.samp

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: