Previous topic - Next topic

dreadk

Risen Theme - Star Wars: The Old Republic
Version: 1.0.1
SMF Version: 2.0.x

Like this theme? Help Support Your Theme Developers  by Donating

Important Info For Download: 12/24/2011
Link: http://www.risengaming.com/index.php?topic=14501.0

I am "releasing" this theme due to many PMs asking for what I had so far. Keep in mind this is not 100% Done. There are a few tweaks and such I need to make to it to properly have it on SMF's Theme Site. However, due to the Holiday season I will not have the appropriate time to get to that. The game is out already so I know a lot of people want to get something on their guild's site so I don't want to hold you up any more. 

After the Holiday season is over I'll finish the tweaks and re-submit it to the Theme Site for appropriate logging and download.

Keep any questions or concerns you have in the thread that has the download file,and NOT this one.

Thanks in advance.

Features Of This Theme

This is (currently) a Fixed Width Theme that was developed with some significant overhauls to the regular theme layouts, and patterned around Star Wars: The Old Republic. Some key features to this theme are:

- Fully (easily) Customizable 3 Tier Drop-down Menu System
- Restructured Board-Index, with various hover and shadow effects to illustrate new posts as well as customizable board Icons you can create for each board.
- Custom Message and Member Index pages to provide better color effects to the various rows of posts
- Custom Post display to add some SWTOR Flare. (Alternating Sith/Republic Logos for example)
- Separate CSS File with Annotations at various spots to allow editing of the theme
- Fully W3C Verified with zero errors.
- Two Freely Distributed Jedi Fonts, built in to the CSS so you can add some special text to various areas.

Special Notes:

The Dropdown System can be modified in the Index.Template.php file at the bottom. It is it's own separate Function.

The board icons are uploading in the Theme_URL/swtorfiles/boardicons directory. Naming is as follows:
  - If "General Discussion" is listed as Board 20, the image file should be named board20.png  (lowercase). You can use the boardblank.png as the reference point for the buttons.

I tried to test most of the features of SMF to ensure proper compatibility. If in the event you find a bug, I will work as soon I can to remedy it  and re-post a new version.

Disclaimer:

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2011 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

wildcard

Love your themes, dreadk.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Akyhne

dreadk

You need to fix compability with IE

Ah thanks. Missed checking guest view on IE when I added the conditions for the info bar. (I am aware the gray gradients aren't active on the drop down bar, I still need to set up the gradient in my svg file for that still.)

rocknroller

kaburan

Awesome, really looking forward to this release!

Xatiran

Anyone know how long take for approve theme when the theme are sumited?

ARG01

Quote from: Xatiran on December 13, 2011, 11:57:04 AM
Anyone know how long take for approve theme when the theme are sumited?

There is no set time for theme approval. It all depends on when the staff has the time to look things over and make a decision.

;)

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Matthew K.

Themes typically are reviewed faster than modifications. For themes, you should most likely receive a PM within a week of submitting, although it's all based on what our schedules are like and the queue size, as we're all volunteers.

Ogge

Awsome, been looking for something like this!

dreadk

Yeah. touching this up.

One question though for people viewing the demo. One of the feedback items I got from the SMF team was Child Boards (the Orange Gradient in the boxes) not showing up in chrome. Was curious if people viewing the site see a similar issue? Trying to recreate it so I can nail down whatever bug they are seeing and unfortunately it shows up in my version I'm using.

Akyhne

magno101

Amazing work dreadk!  This looks absolutely stunning! 

Can't wait for the final product!

Ogge

Darzil

Looking very nice indeed.

And I'm not just saying that as I've been asked to create a SWTOR Guild Site !

Galdwin

Any ETA on progress or did you get sucked into release of game?  ;D

dreadk

Quote from: Galdwin on December 24, 2011, 04:49:22 AM

I updated original thread with some info today. use as your own discretion :D

Galdwin

Quote from: dreadk on December 24, 2011, 05:25:38 PM
Quote from: Galdwin on December 24, 2011, 04:49:22 AM

I updated original thread with some info today. use as your own discretion :D

Cheers! Thanks for the update and Merry Xmas. When complete you can expect a donation for your work! :)

Murgen

Donation for sure, you saved me so much time, buddy!

Advertisement: