News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I have version 1.0 should I upgrade?

Started by avidcat, August 19, 2005, 02:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidcat

This forum is now part of GoDaddy's optional installs. But it installs version 1.0 beta. Should I upgrade to the 1.0.5?

Also do I need to mess around with the database, MySQL or anything like that? I have no idea how to do any of that, this was an auto install and it did it all for me.

"Powered by SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Public"

Thanks,
Nick

avidcat

Actually do I already have 1.0.5? I have this in my admin panel:

Support Information

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Public (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.5
PHP version: 4.3.11
MySQL version: 4.0.21-max-log
Server version: Apache
GD version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

Forum Administrators: Nick 

[Unknown]

You have 1.0 Beta 5 Public.  The current version of SMF is 1.0.5.  You definitely need to upgrade.

You don't need to mess with anything.  Just upload a bunch of files, and go to:

http://www.example.com/forum/upgrade.php

Please see this guide for more detail:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6832.0

-[Unknown]

avidcat

I read that you can do an upgrade from the Package manager with one click, but I don't see this option there to just click on something.

[Unknown]

Quote from: avidcat on August 19, 2005, 02:50:30 AM
I read that you can do an upgrade from the Package manager with one click, but I don't see this option there to just click on something.

I'm afraid that's not possible if you are currently using 1.0 Beta 5 Public.

-[Unknown]

avidcat

I just ran into another problem, I uploaded all the files, but it is asking me for my mysql database username and password, well since godaddy auto set this up this is not visible in my databases. So I don't know where they put this database.

I can set up a new database and install this script over that but looks like I am going to lose all my info.

I called GoDaddy.com just now and they said they don't know where the database is placed since I don't have access to it.

Any suggestions about this issue?

[Unknown]

Quote from: avidcat on August 19, 2005, 03:42:28 AM
I just ran into another problem, I uploaded all the files, but it is asking me for my mysql database username and password, well since godaddy auto set this up this is not visible in my databases. So I don't know where they put this database.

Username and password?  Are you sure you uploaded the "upgrade" files not the "install" files?

If you still have Settings.php, your database password will be shown in there.  But the upgrader doesn't require your password.

-[Unknown]

avidcat

Yeah I messed up, I did the full install.

A little heads up. GoDaddy offers 1.0 Beta 5 as a auto install option in there download control panel of a deluxe hosting account.

But when they install any of these free programs they install the database off your hosting account. So the database is not being hosted by yourself.

Since I just installed this and only had a few family memebers sign up I have no problem starting over. What I did was create a new MySQL Database and installed the new version of this right over the old one using the database I created.

On another note, anyone know how to install Avatar packages found here? I found out how to install new themes but I am still looking for a way to install the avatar packages.

Thanks,
Nick

Advertisement: