News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Event Registration for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, December 15, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoverClub

Just remove all traces of the mod and re-install it - that'll fix everything.

If you read the modifications.xml file in the package that tells you exactly what changes and new files have been added.

shadowcrew

Quote from: HoverClub on November 24, 2015, 02:57:03 PM
Just remove all traces of the mod and re-install it - that'll fix everything.

If you read the modifications.xml file in the package that tells you exactly what changes and new files have been added.

Thanks for the info. I removed it all and now have this error when I try to add a new event or edit an existing one. Would installing the mod again work or maybe copying a clean post.php over the existing one?

QuoteUnknown column 'event' in 'where clause'
File: /var/sites/s/my domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Post.php
Line: 304

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.11, while your database is at version 2.0.10. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I have never had 2.0.10, only used 2.0.11?

Kindred

it did not fully/correctly uninstall...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadowcrew

OK, I will try to upload a back up that I made earlier today and see if that gets rid of the problem.

fingers crossed  :)

shadowcrew

Quote from: shadowcrew on November 24, 2015, 03:57:14 PM
OK, I will try to upload a back up that I made earlier today and see if that gets rid of the problem.

fingers crossed  :)

Aaaaargghhhhhh!!!!

I obviously saved a bad copy as I have errors on my back up so I have reinstalled the version with the DB error as above.

Any ideas of how to solve this issue. Sorry, I probably should have stopped looking at this about 8 hours ago!!!

Kindred

ok...   well, the easiest way to fix this is to load a clean set of files and then reinstall the mods that you want.
(see the FAQ on loading a fresh set of files and removing mods with hooks)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HoverClub

The Package Manager makes backups of SMF core files when a mod is installed.

There is a package parser that'll tell what changes the mod makes to which files  - it's on every mod page (HERE - select the version of SMF you have and click "parse").

shadowcrew

Quote from: HoverClub on November 24, 2015, 05:05:02 PM
The Package Manager makes backups of SMF core files when a mod is installed.

There is a package parser that'll tell what changes the mod makes to which files  - it's on every mod page (HERE - select the version of SMF you have and click "parse").

Thanks HoverClub. I  am going to try this before I give up for the day. I will have a look again at this tomorrow but right now I need to get it working properly, Appreciate your help. I have been looking at this too long today and should have had a break AND backed up more often! Anyway here goes..... :)

EDIT:
Awesome. THANK YOU! I didnt realise SMF made a back up. I can now add events again without the DB error.

Tomorrow I will be looking at putting this mod back on properly.

Cheers guys

shadowcrew

Right, so the above didn't work as well as I thought but I am now finally back to a position where I can try again. Obviously I don't want to lose a day and half so I am doing it step by step.

I have a warning message 'Error in Package Installation' and a number of files (34) or edits to make.

I manually edited these AFTER I installed yesterday and it obviously didn't work.

Simple question - do I edit all of these files BEFORE I continue with the installation?

Thanks again for your help.

HoverClub

34 manual edits  ??? - there are only 39 edits in the entire mod!  There's something seriously wrong with your installation if you need that many manual edits - I really wouldn't recommend installing this mod until you've figured out what's going on.

shadowcrew

Quote from: HoverClub on November 25, 2015, 12:43:59 PM
34 manual edits  ??? - there are only 39 edits in the entire mod!  There's something seriously wrong with your installation if you need that many manual edits - I really wouldn't recommend installing this mod until you've figured out what's going on.

Pretty much every file. Although I am not sure if any of this will be done automatically. I have checked the files and as far as I can see there is no duplicate code, as there was previously. I dont expect you to hold my hand through this but I am at a loss as to what to do or what to look for.

I have searched for how to do install fresh files but I cant find aything that is useful, or at least that I can understand. Sorry, I may have to forget this for the time being, which I am gutted about as its a fantastic mod.

Thanks for the help.

HoverClub

You've only got one failed edit (post.template.php) - not 34!  Check post.template for the file edit required ( parse the mod for (below the download button) for details of the change made to that file).  You need to check that there isn't any residue of the mod left AND, if not,  work out how to make that change only manually AFTER you've force-installed the mod automatically.

shadowcrew

Looks like it is all working fine now.

I have learned a lot, not hard considering I know nothing!!

Thank you for all of your advice and patience.

8)

shadowcrew

One more question, the mod works great now its all sorted, thank you.

However, I have searched and can't see this has been asked previously but a lot of events I list are recurring events. Is there a way to add a 'copy' event option or set it to repeat x number of times at a set interval, for instance every two weeks, once a month, first Friday of each month, second Wednesday for a set number of instances? etc etc

This would be perfect if I could set an event to run every other week for 10 occurrences.

I don't know if its something that can be added or considered.

Thank you.

Siirist

*Reviving this "sleeping" topic*

I am posting here because it is the support topic for this mod.

I am running SMF ver 2.0.11 with the following Mods:
1.    Event Registration Mod for SMF2    2.26    Not Functioning after install without errors  :-\
2.    BBC You    2.0    
3.    Board Notes    1.0.8    
4.    PM Warning    1.0    
5.    Colorize Post 1.0    
6.    Original Poster in Topic View    0.1.1    
7.    Caps_Lock_Detection_on_Login    1.1.0.1    
8.    Simple Menu Icons    1.0    
9.    Ad Managment    3.2    Not Active
10.    SMF Gallery Lite    5.6.1    
11.    Default_Membergroup    2.0    
12.    audiblepm 1.5    2.0    Not functioning  :(
13.    Enhanced Dropdown    1.3    
14.    Copy Topics    1.6    
15.    Topic Solved    1.1.1    
16.    Board Icons    1.0    
17.    Board-color-and-icons    1.1    
18.    SMF 2.0.11 Update    1.0    
19.    SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update    1.0    
20.    Welcome Topic Mod    2.2      Not Active

This mod was installed without any issues, errors, or failed tests.

Yet, there is no evidence that the mod exists anywhere in the Admin sections.

I have downloaded all the php files to "verify" the install took place. I was able to verify that the "stand alone" files are in fact present in the applicable folders.

Most intriguing.   :-\

Will verify all the edits tomorrow morning as it is almost mid-night here and I do not wish to make a "sleepy" mistake while verifying the edits.
Such as making a back-up before installing a mod (which I forgot, DOH!)

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

HoverClub

I'm awake  :)
Required SMF Settings:

The calendar must be enabled in the admin control panel.
    "Show linked events in topic display" must be enabled in the Calender section.
    Event registration is only available for events that are linked to forum posts.

The mod doesn't need any admin settings which is why you can't see any!

Siirist

Quote from: HoverClub on August 02, 2016, 03:23:54 AM
I'm awake  :)
Required SMF Settings:

The calendar must be enabled in the admin control panel.
    "Show linked events in topic display" must be enabled in the Calender section.
    Event registration is only available for events that are linked to forum posts.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.    :)

I did check those to verify.   O:)

I attached a screenshot of Calendar Settings.

QuoteThe mod doesn't need any admin settings which is why you can't see any!

I also attached a screenshot of "Below are some preview images of what the mod looks like when being used".

Additionally I sent you a PM with some other information.

Thank you again for support.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

HoverClub

Are you saying that you can't see the Registration Options section while you post/create an event?  If so,  the mod isn't installed properly in the theme you are using (i.e. Post.template.php mods not done).

Siirist

Quote from: HoverClub on August 02, 2016, 11:14:01 AM
Are you saying that you can't see the Registration Options section while you post/create an event? 

Correct (as shown in the attached screenshot)

If so,  the mod isn't installed properly in the theme you are using (i.e. Post.template.php mods not done).

Verified Themes/default/Post.template.php edits were not done by the Package Manager.   :o

There were no edits applicable to my three additional Themes - Clarity, Bright Leaf, or Ostara.

Intriguing.   ???

Will go through each of the edits.

As there were no errors upon installation, this is very disappointing.   :(

EDIT:
You have replied before I got a chance to add this information.

I will post all the edits that did NOT occur with an error-free install.

I have added the screenshot of "Post Event"

Here are my installed Mods:
1.    Event Registration Mod for SMF2    2.26    [ Uninstall ]
2.    BBC You    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Board Notes    1.0.8    [ Uninstall ]
4.    PM Warning    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Colorize Post 1.0    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
6.    Original Poster in Topic View    0.1.1    [ Uninstall ]
7.    Caps_Lock_Detection_on_Login    1.1.0.1    [ Uninstall ]
8.    Simple Menu Icons    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
9.    Ad Managment    3.2    [ Uninstall ]
10.    SMF Gallery Lite    5.6.1    [ Uninstall ]
11.    Default_Membergroup    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
12.    audiblepm 1.5    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
13.    Enhanced Dropdown    1.3    [ Uninstall ]
14.    Copy Topics    1.6    [ Uninstall ]
15.    Topic Solved    1.1.1    [ Uninstall ]
16.    Board Icons    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
17.    Board-color-and-icons    1.1    [ Uninstall ]
18.    SMF 2.0.11 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
19.    SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
20.    Welcome Topic Mod    2.2    [ Uninstall ]

Siirist
Needed information:

HoverClub

Quote from: Siirist on August 02, 2016, 11:37:59 AM
Correct (as shown in the attached screenshot)
You've duplicated the screenshot from the Mod download page - it isn't a copy of your event post page.
There were no edits applicable to my three additional Themes - Clarity, Bright Leaf, or Ostara.
Will go through each of the edits.
I'd like to see a copy of the Package Manager mod test install page as I've never seen anything like this.  Are you sure you selected the themes you want the mod installed on?  All edits are applicable to ALL themes - there is no such thing as an inapplicable edit.

Advertisement: