Event Registration for SMF2

Started by HoverClub, December 15, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

See EDIT: on my previous post for screenshot you requested and a list of my currently installed Mods.

Note that the following Mod edit did NOT take place (discovered during verification of edits):
./Sources/Subs-Calendar.php
'hcc_max_attendants' => $row['hcc_max_attendants'],
'hcc_confirm' => $row['hcc_confirm'],
'hcc_days_closed' => $row['hcc_days_closed'],
'hcc_terms_conds' => $row['hcc_terms_conds'],
'hcc_groups' => $row['hcc_groups'],
'hcc_sub_ids' => $row['hcc_sub_ids'],
'hcc_reg_sub_ids' => $row['hcc_reg_sub_ids'],
'hcc_add_comment' => $row['hcc_add_comment'],
'hcc_see_comment' => $row['hcc_see_comment'],
'hcc_max_register' => $row['hcc_max_register'],

After verifying, adding edits as needed (only the one above), saving file, and uploading to appropriate folder, the Mod is still not functioning.

You said
Quote from: HoverClub on August 02, 2016, 11:48:58 AM
I'd like to see a copy of the Package Manager mod test install page as I've never seen anything like this. 
Are you sure you selected the themes you want the mod installed on? 
All edits are applicable to ALL themes - there is no such thing as an inapplicable edit.

File Edits

• ./Sources/Subs-Calendar.php
  • ./Sources/Profile-Actions.php
  • ./Sources/Display.php
  • ./Sources/Post.php
  • ./Themes/default/Display.template.php
  • ./Themes/default/Post.template.php
  • ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
  • ./index.php
  • ./Themes/default/ManagePaid.template.php
  • ./Sources/ManagePaid.php

Code
database.php      (Verified that file is present)

File Operations
Move the included file "RegisterEvent.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "TermsAndConditions.template.php" to "./Themes/default".

Note: No custom themes are edited.

Here is some interesting code I found in ./Sources/ManagePaid.php:
Find: $isRepeatable = isset($_POST['repeatable']) ? 1 : 0;
Add After: $isEvent = isset($_POST['event']) ? 1 : 0;
What I have:
$isEvent = isset($_POST['event']) ? 1 : 0;
$allowpartial = isset($_POST['allow_partial']) ? 1 : 0;
$reminder = isset($_POST['reminder']) ? (int) $_POST['reminder'] : 0;

Find: (in the middle of Line # 447) , 'repeatable' => 'int'
Add After: , 'event' => 'int'
What I have on Line # 447: 'id_group' => 'int', 'add_groups' => 'string-40', 'repeatable' => 'int', 'event' => 'int', 'allow_partial' => 'int', 'email_complete' => 'string',
Line # 448: 'reminder' => 'int',

Find: Line # 1707 'flexible' => $row['length'] == 'F' ? true : false,
Add After: 'event' => $row['event'],
What I have:
Line # 1708 is blank
Line # 1709 'event' => $row['event'],
Line # 1710 'repeatable' => $row['repeatable'],
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

many, if not most custom themes will have
./Themes/.../Display.template.php
if not also
./Themes/.../Post.template.php

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on August 02, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
many, if not most custom themes will have
./Themes/.../Display.template.php
if not also
./Themes/.../Post.template.php

Hi Kindred,

Oddly enough, the themes I am using; Clarity, FreshLooks, and Ostara, do not have either of the files you mention. They are only found in the Default and Core.

I am not using Core as a theme. Only Clarity (forum default), FreshLooks, and Ostara.

I did find one irregularity while verifying the edits of this mod, and it was that when SMF Articles was un-installed (without errors) it left behind some code.
Not sure which file that was in, forgot.   :-[

Thank you for your words.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

HoverClub

Quote from: Siirist on August 02, 2016, 01:10:34 PM
See EDIT: on my previous post for screenshot you requested and a list of my currently installed Mods.
Maybe try clicking the [show] link next to Registration options and it then might show them?

Siirist

Quote from: HoverClub on August 02, 2016, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: Siirist on August 02, 2016, 01:10:34 PM
Maybe try clicking the [show] link next to Registration options and it then might show them?

Perfect!!   :D

*feeling silly that I didn't think of that*  ???

However, I cannot "activate"? the payment option.   :-\
I included a Screenshot titled PostingEvent

By the way, forgot to attach the screenshots for Kindred. Perhaps somehow they may help someone else in the future, so I am attaching them to this post.

Thank you for your patience and knowledge.   ;)

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:

HoverClub

Quote from: Siirist on August 02, 2016, 04:30:35 PM
However, I cannot "activate"? the payment option.   :-\
I included a Screenshot titled PostingEvent
You haven't created any Paid Subscriptions for events as none are listed in the Event Registration Options?
QuoteEvent fees are set up as normal SMF "Paid Subscriptions" - this mod adds an "event" checkbox option in all paid subscriptions that identifies these Paid Subscriptions as being for events (note that the subscription duration must be set such that it expires AFTER the event date).  Event subscriptions don't show in the list of paid subscriptions that members see - they are only visible during event fee payment.  Once a fee has been paid the member cannot unregister or unconfirm (an event organiser or admins/mods with calendar edit permissions can de-register any member but would need to handle subscription removal and payment refunds for pay events.).

Siirist

Exactly the answer.   ;)

Hoping that this will be the last question.   ::)

I have an event that is to occur on August 27, which is 25 days from now. How do I determine the number of days for the "duration" of the "Paid Subscription"?
I set it for 30 days, because I didn't know what else to do.   :-\

There will be more events even farther in the future as I may add an event that takes place in November. Again, how do I determine the number of days for the "duration" of the "Paid Subscription"?

Excellent Mod, thank you for writing it and being patient with members like me.   :P

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:

HoverClub

Provided the subscription doesn't expire before the event starts then any period will do.

Siirist

Quote from: HoverClub on August 02, 2016, 05:29:43 PM
Provided the subscription doesn't expire before the event starts then any period will do.

Perfect!   :D

Again thank you for this awesome mod.   :)

Hoping Good Things For You,   ;)
Siirist
Needed information:

Burt

Hello everyone..

Apologies, I haven't read the entire thread, so if anybody else has already post this, please delete it.

I just recently discover (a possible bug) actually, to be precise, a conflict between Simple Portal (Recent Topic) Block and Event Registration.

What is happening is that if you make an Event where people are required to register and/or confirm their participation to such event, and in the same page you have the Simple Portal Recent Topic block displayed, the page just stop loading at the heading of the Recent Topic block.
Interesting enough it doesn't conflict with the other (very similar block) Recent Post.
If I disable the "Recent Topic" block completely or only from any page/s where the Event registration form is displayed then everything works as usual.

Running SMF 2.0.11, SP 2.3.6, Event Registration Mod 2.26, Event reminder Mod 2.31

It would be interesting to know if anybody else is able to reproduce the same issue...

PS
Thank you HoverClub for this excellent mod.

Burt
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

RasmusDJ

Hi

I'm just gonna look for some help as well. After I updated my board a while ago, my users told me, that they suddenly had this error coming up all the time.

QuoteField 'termsAndCond' doesn't have a default value
Fil: /home/scalerac/public_html/Sources/Subs-Calendar.php
Linie: 894

I have tried uninstalling the mod, and install the latest one. I had version 2.21 installed before.

It does create the topic, but no link for the calendar, and also I can find anything regarding termsAndCond. So I would really appreciate some support for this, it's a mod that I has been really fund of, for my board :)

board: www.scalerace.dk [nofollow]

Best regards

Rasmus

Kindred

your host upgraded your mySQL... 
This is caused by the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES SQL mode defined in the my.ini or my.cnf file.

you have three options...

Having your host Remove that setting and restart MySQL would fix the problem.
or, maybe you get lucky: Open phpmyadmin and goto 'More' Tab and select 'Variables' submenu. Scroll down to find sql mode. Edit sql mode and remove 'STRICT_TRANS_TABLES'

you can uninstall the mod

or
you can put a default value in for the mod column(s)

actually, doing a little more research -- the best answer seems to be to actually have your host UPGADE mySQL to 5.7.11 or higher, since it actually seems to be a bug in mySQL itself.

(this will actually hold true for MANY mods)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RasmusDJ

Ahh ok, that gives a lot more sense. Cause I have wondered how it suddenly appeared. I have contacted my host, and asked them if they can be helpfull with upgrading MySQL. I'll keep you updated on the matter :)

RasmusDJ

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2016, 11:34:29 AM
your host upgraded your mySQL... 
This is caused by the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES SQL mode defined in the my.ini or my.cnf file.

you have three options...

Having your host Remove that setting and restart MySQL would fix the problem.
or, maybe you get lucky: Open phpmyadmin and goto 'More' Tab and select 'Variables' submenu. Scroll down to find sql mode. Edit sql mode and remove 'STRICT_TRANS_TABLES'

or

actually, doing a little more research -- the best answer seems to be to actually have your host UPGADE mySQL to 5.7.11 or higher, since it actually seems to be a bug in mySQL itself.

(this will actually hold true for MANY mods)

My host can't upgrade the MySQL, as i'm on a shared hosting server. They said it might help changing the PHP settings, i'm running on 5.6, if I changed it to 7.0, the forum stopped responding.

I have tried to uninstall the mod, and re install it, but northing here happened.

I can't delete the strict_trans_tables my self, I can see it in the SQL MODE as you wrote, but northing more.

Kindred

that seems to leave:

or
Слaва
Украинi

RasmusDJ

I have tried locating a place to put in the default value, but I haven't succeeded with that yet :/

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

HoverClub

phpMyAdmin open row smf_calendar, click column hcc_terms_conds (left hand pane) and set default value to NULL in RH pane.
... there may well be other fields that require a default value.  Probably not worth me fixing this as the next MySQL release seems to revert.

RasmusDJ

Quote from: HoverClub on September 15, 2016, 04:41:16 PM
phpMyAdmin open row smf_calendar, click column hcc_terms_conds (left hand pane) and set default value to NULL in RH pane.
... there may well be other fields that require a default value.  Probably not worth me fixing this as the next MySQL release seems to revert.

Thanks a lot HoverClub, it fixed the problem, though I had to put termsAndCond into null as well. But now it's working again :) Appreciate it.

dztzy

This works for 2.0.14, the only problem is that only admins can cancel registrations.

A normal user can't cancel hisregistration, he clicks the button, but it doesn't remove him from the list.

Advertisement: