News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Additional Profile Permissions

Started by Kays, December 20, 2011, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kays

Link to Mod

This mod adds permission to add or deny the editing of the following in a member's profile, signature, website, location and personal text. As well, a separate option has been added to disable the editing of one's forum profile page. Also added is a separate permission for editing password and OpenID

These permissions are enabled by default for the Regular Member group if the "Enable permissions for post count based groups" option is not enabled. If it is enabled, then these permissions will be added to all member groups except the Regular Member group.

This modification is released under a BSD license, a copy of it with its provisions is included with the package.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Mongoose

Please split Web-site field and Location field permissions.
Web-site field is often used for link spamming thus it's a good idea to prevent new members from filling this field. Location field isn't used for spamming and site admin and site members are usually interested in filling this field by new users to know where are the newbie from.

spencerhudson

can we have permissions to edit the private message settings ... in particular the ability to turn on and off the "create buddy and ignore lists".

MLM

This mod does not seem to work for me. It installed fine except for one Profile.php edit which I added.

I have the permissions checked and everything and my test account is in that membergroup yet I can still edit and save my signature.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

landyvlad

OK this mod doesn't appear to have been updated forever, nor this thread.

Who's using this mod successfully with later versions eg 2.0.13-2.0.15 ?

What I am trying to achieve is to deny signatures to members with zero posts.

I have 6 post count based groups.
The first group consists of those members with zero posts count.
Groups 2- 6 are set to inherit their permissions from the 'regular members' profile.

So if using this mod how do I tell it to deny signatures (so that members of the zero post count group are not able to have them) but allow all other members to retain their signatures?

I hope that someone reads this and that this mod is still in use successfully.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

GL700Wing

Maybe this mod is what you're looking for ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: