News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2 Problems, need help

Started by luisantunes, December 20, 2011, 05:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisantunes

Hi guys,

I have two problems perhaps small problems but not know solve them.

1st
how do I replace my database backup (SMF 1.1.15) if I delete it

2st
I am trying to install another Forum (SMF 2.0.1) but it gives me the following error :

Critical Error!
The version of your database server is very old, and does not meet SMF's minimum requirements.
Please ask your host to either upgrade it or supply a new one, and if they won't, please try a different host.

I already contacted the help desk of my domain and they say the MySQL database server version used is 5.0.67
sorry for the noob questions :(

Thank you for help
greetings all

Oldiesmann

1. If you deleted the backup, you can't replace it. If you mean restoring the backup, see How do I restore a database backup?.

2. Put this code in a file, upload it to your server and run it. What does it show as the client version?

<?php
echo 'MySQL client version: ' mysql_get_client_info();
?>
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

luisantunes

Hi,

It show this:

MySQL client version: 3.23.49

Oldiesmann

That's your problem. Tell your host to upgrade the client libraries.

I'm actually surprised MySQL is even working with such ancient client libraries.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

luisantunes

Hi,

Thank you for your support.
I already contacted my host and I await a response from them.

In my first problem is that the database disappeared I have not deleted... nobody knows what happened only I have access to Admin control panel

luisantunes

HI,
this was the answer I had from my host:

[root@leaf3 mess]# mysql --version
mysql Ver 5.0.67 Distrib 14.12, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.1

Here we would like to assure many of our other customer who hosted in same server using same version of MySQL which required by application in current market. Also all of this application supported by MySQL version in our server.

Oldiesmann

It doesn't matter what version MySQL is in this case. The client libraries (the files used by PHP and other languages to interact with MySQL) are out of date. If your host doesn't know the difference between the two, then you should find a better host.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

luisantunes

Hello,

Oldiesmann many thanks for your help.
My host did update the libraries and now it works fine (2.0).
I am grateful for the help

Best regards,
Luis Antunes

Advertisement: