News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ohara YouTube Embed

Started by Suki, December 21, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

On your cPanel there must be a widget/feature for file handling, usually called file manager or something like that.

If you enter there, you would be able to see the main index.php file and its permissions and you will be able to change them too.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

420Connect.co.uk

Hi Suki,

I've finally came up with a conclusion as to what happened!

Somehow your mod is 'powerful' enough to change my whole set of file permissions and almost everything was set to 777 like you said, once it was back to 755 it began to come alive.  ;D

I'm tempted to attempt the installation of the mod again but don't want to risk breaking the forum again and not sure if it would work, once I restore my mod's back to 755 if that makes any sense?
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Suki

Yeah, my mod is not really that powerful :P  its SMF packager manager and I'm afraid the same will happen with any other mods you try to install.

You could try to install this mod manually, its just a couple of file edits and the rest its just a matter of uploading a file and call it with your browser oh and upload the BBC images too. But yeah, you could try to install again and then revert back all your files to 755, however, I've seen host that shows a 500 screen right after a file has been changed so the file edits may not been done at all, thats why a manual installation will be the best route here.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

420Connect.co.uk

Yep that is exactly what happens to me.

As soon as I hit install it creates the 500 error,
- I've began manually adding it but have "left over files" i'm not sure where to place and i'm currently getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function OYTE_Preparse() in /home/connec31/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 923

should I place all the files in the /forum/ folder?
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

420Connect.co.uk

(add them to /forum/ and still have the same error message? :()

Suki

OK, in order to manually install this mod you need to apply the following changes to your files:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=3268;attach=229618;smf_version=2.0.8

after you already did the edits on

./Sources/Post.php

and

./Sources/Subs.php

Next is moving these files: you will find those files by downloading the mod and unzipping the zip archive.

Move the included directory "Themes" to "the root directory".
Move the included directory "Sources" to "the root directory".
Move the included file "youtube.gif" to "./Themes/default/images/bbc".
Move the included file "vimeo.gif" to "./Themes/default/images/bbc".

The next thing to do is installing the hooks, grab the "addHooks.php"  file and with your FTP program upload that file to your roor folder, that is, the one that has the SSI.php archive on it.

Then open youir browser, type your forum url and add this at the end:  addHooks.php

it should be like this:

myforum.com/addHooks.php

Hit enter so your browser goes to that page, if you uploaded the file to the right location, theres should be a blank page, thats normal, it means the hooks where installed.

Thats all you need to do, now the mod should be installed on your forum.  If you use a custom theme then theres a couple extra steps you need to do.

420Connect.co.uk

I've already done this and now get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function OYTE_Preparse() in /home/connec31/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 923
when i try to load any page including /forum/addHooks.php

(and yes, I have a custom theme on)

:(

Suki

Oh, bugger.

Unfortunately, you will need to "un do" the changes on

./Sources/Post.php

and

./Sources/Subs.php

Then move the files

Then run addHooks.php

And finally, re-do the file edits.

This is because there is some logic a mod has to follow when installing a mod with hooks. Uusually the packager manager takes care of that, or rather the mod author, by moving the files, install the hooks and finally made the edits, we need to follow those exact steps and that order even for a manual installation.

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks for the swift reply! I'll give it a go and report back! :)

420Connect.co.uk

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! and Thank you for being patient, understanding, well educated and awesome!

*HUGS KISSES AND POSITIVE KARMA OVERLOAD*

XXXXX

:D

Suki

Aaron10

Slightly off topic but if ever you do have to manually install and execute addhooks.php, how would you undo the addhooks changes if an uninstall was needed (for any mod)?

420Connect.co.uk

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but the .zip for the MOD had a removeHooks.php file too?

Suki

It depends on the mod, some mod authors has a unique file for both install and uninstall this makes it incredible difficult to manually uninstall hooks. If you upload that single file, it will not uninstall the hooks since it will have no idea if you're trying to install or uninstall, that context is given by the packager manager.  The only way to uninstall hooks its messing around with your DB or change that file to explicitly tell SMF to remove the hooks.

I prefer to have two separate files, one for install and one for uninstall, that way if you ever need to manually uninstall any of my mods, you only need to upload the removeHooks.php file and run it.

420Connect.co.uk

Suki - I had the MOD working as it should.. then restored an old database and now I can't see the buttons for videos :(
Can you assist?

margarett

You are again missing the hooks. If you restored an old database backup, then the calls in smf_settings are probably gone.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

420Connect.co.uk

:D I managed to merge my smf_settings and the buttons have reappeared! :D

Thank you margarett!  8)

longlong

How to disable Ohara Youtube embed from the Shoutbox (more specifically SimplePortal's Shoutbox).

I am having this problem!
Whenever i am pasting a link into shoutbox the Ohara automatically adds
  tags              "test 1" 
see this mp4 video  hxxp:cdn.mediacru.sh/aVs2TFikaWcC.mp4 [nonactive] i made!

i have to add [ url][ /url] tags every time to the link so it can be shown naturally                        "test 2"

i haven't found any way to modify the Ohara or Simple Portal's Shoutbox!   and the only link i found by searching was this but no answer!
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=507505.msg3585380#msg3585380

Suki

Tell the mod author of that shoutbox that they need to use the fourth parameter in parse_bbc() to only allow the tags they want to allow on their shoutbox messages.

I suppose they will only want basic text BBC, maybe urls too.

This mod shouldn't parse this kind of url: cdn.mediacru.sh/aVs2TFikaWcC.mp4 since it doesn't contain any of the things this mod looks for in a youtube or vimeo url.

Make sure you only have 1 youtube embedder, having more than one can cause issues.

longlong

Really fast answer suki thank you! I will ask the Simple's Portal mods to!

Advertisement: