Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected

Started by Quexinos, April 24, 2012, 03:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quexinos

I get this error when converting IPB 2.3 to SMF 2.0... any ideas/  Here's the full error:

QuoteConverting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

I know this was fixed with myBB but I don't see a fix for invision

IchBin™

Basically you need to look at the last member that was successfully converted in the members table for SMF. Then look at the ipb database in their members table and locate the same user you found in SMF's members table. Post the birthdate fields for year, month, and day for that user AND the next user. We need to see what those fields have in them in order to see if things are getting processed properly.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Quexinos

I don't think it converted any members though... but it doesn't matter because the people i was converting the forum for decided to go with MyBB instead

ThorstenE

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 24, 2012, 02:24:45 PM
Basically you need to look at the last member that was successfully converted in the members table for SMF. Then look at the ipb database in their members table and locate the same user you found in SMF's members table. Post the birthdate fields for year, month, and day for that user AND the next user. We need to see what those fields have in them in order to see if things are getting processed properly.
All you need is something like this:
---{
/* fix invalid birthdates */
if(!preg_match('/\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}/', $row['birthdate']))
$row['birthdate'] = '0001-01-01';
---}

IchBin™

That seems to stick a nice bandaide in their TE. lol But I'd prefer to see the data to see why it's not processing a birthday from what is currently stored in the database.

Quexinos, if you'd like to use TE's suggestion it should work. But if you don't, can you please show what is in those table rows that I mentioned before for the first user in your forum?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: