Conversion from Drupal 2.22 - help needed

Started by oldbastard, February 13, 2012, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbastard

I'd like to migrate from Drupal forum to SMF. Coulnd't find any step by step manual for beginners how to do this. I'm totally new to this  :-[

I've already downloaded Converter. and installed SMF. You mentioned that drupal_migration.php file is also required, but where is it?
I know I have to do the following steps:
Extract the database... and place it where?
The convert.php file and the associated SQL file for the forum software must be uploaded to the same folder as the blank SMF install.
Navigate to the directory where SMF has been placed, and open the convert.php file.

What do I need to do to perform migration process? Any help or step by step manual will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance  :)

kat

oldbastard

Thanks for pointing me in a right direction. I'm gonna try if this works. If not, I'll keep begging for help  ;)

oldbastard

Well... I installed Drupal in root directory of my hxxp:mydomain.com [nonactive], a fresh installation of smf is in hxxp:mydomain.com/smf. [nonactive]
Both are using the same database. Drupal installation has no prefix, smf has.

When exectuing convert.php it says: "Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Drupal 6.2 . This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'name'@'localhost' for table 'users'"

What should I do? I have phpMyAdmin. How do I change that?

Advertisement: