News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Expertise Area

Started by Flypside, December 28, 2011, 09:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flypside

Link to Mod

This is profile modification,Only admin group add expertises.Admin is open the member forum profile page and add the expertises there.Expertises are showing posts profile area.

PWW_Expertises is released under the Mozilla Public License v1.1
SMF SUPPORT SERVICE | SEO | PORTAL | FORUM | MOD | THEME | DATABASE | GOOGLE OPT vs..

ingilizce dökümanları

Alpay

Flypside

SMF SUPPORT SERVICE | SEO | PORTAL | FORUM | MOD | THEME | DATABASE | GOOGLE OPT vs..

ingilizce dökümanları

IMSassafras

Flypside,

Your mod is intriguing though when I tried to look at the parse to see what files were being altered I got a notice that your mod wasn't compatible with my version of SMF.  I have 1.1.16.  Just thought you should know.

Sass
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. ~ Bahá'u'lláh

Flypside

Quote from: IMSassafras on October 31, 2012, 05:39:19 PM
Flypside,

Your mod is intriguing though when I tried to look at the parse to see what files were being altered I got a notice that your mod wasn't compatible with my version of SMF.  I have 1.1.16.  Just thought you should know.

Sass

IMSassafras,

Thanks for information, I updated my mod now available for 1.1.16.

You can write to me a problem with SMF.

ingilizce dökümanları

IMSassafras

It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. ~ Bahá'u'lláh

Siirist

Hello All,

I am using SMF ver 2.0.11.

I have the following MODS
1.    PWW-Expertises    1.1    
2.    Avatar Drop Shadows    1.0    
3.    Advance Fake Guests n Users Online (fguo)    1.0    
4.    NChat    1.3.2    
5.    Avatar Rounded Corners    1.0    
6.    Project Snow 1.2    1.2    
7.    Enhanced Dropdown    1.3    
8.    Topic Solved    1.1.1    
9.    Menu_Icons    1.0    
10.    SMF Gallery Lite    5.6    
11.    SMF 2.0.11 Update    1.0    
12.    Board-color-and-icons    1.1

I installed this MOD using the package manager without any errors.
I was given the option to include Havvo theme and did check the box

Using the SMF Default theme, I went to Profile >> Forum Profile and added "Seven years experience as an online counselor" in the first position as directed in the instructions, AND I clicked the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.

I logged out as Admin, and logged back in as a "Regular Member" and then (using the SMF Default theme) when to Siirist's profile. The saved "Expertise" was NOT displayed.

I logged out and logged back in as Siirist (Admin), went to I went to Profile >> Forum Profile and verified that the text was still showing where it should.

I then verified that the MOD had made changes to the appropriate files.

I am at a loss as to why the MOD is NOT functioning.

As I want to have professionals in my forum, I would like this MOD to show their credentials.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you in advance,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

br360

I just checked out your site as a guest, and can see your expertise info in your profile. (it is working in that Fresh Looks theme you are using at least)

Siirist

Quote from: br360 on February 06, 2016, 04:57:06 PM
I just checked out your site as a guest, and can see your expertise info in your profile. (it is working in that Fresh Looks theme you are using at least)

:o

That is so weird. I went to the forum, logged out, and there is no member button (for me) when it reverts to the Fresh Looks theme. When I go to the guest area and find Siirist's post, clicking on his name results in:

Warning!

Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with Your Sanctuary.

When I log in I see the attachment.

Hmmm . . . you shouldn't have that permission and I went to permissions and verified that Guests have only six permissons:
1) View forum statistics
2) View SMF Gallery
3) Report Pictures/Comments
4) Post new topics
5) Post replies to topics
6) Report posts to the moderators

Sounds like I need to have margarett rip the forum all the way down, do a fresh install, and then align the data base.  :-[

Oh, margarett  ::)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

br360

Sorry for the confusion; I meant that I could see your areas of expertise in your profile when looking at any post you have submitted- as you do allow guests to view posts on your forum.

If I was to just click on your profile directly, then yes- I would get that same "Only registered members are allowed to see this section"...so it does appear that your permissions you set are correct.

Siirist

Quote from: br360 on February 06, 2016, 06:20:34 PM
Sorry for the confusion; I meant that I could see your areas of expertise in your profile when looking at any post you have submitted- as you do allow guests to view posts on your forum.

If I was to just click on your profile directly, then yes- I would get that same "Only registered members are allowed to see this section"...so it does appear that your permissions you set are correct.

Ohhhhh, got it. So it doesn't display in the member's profile, but rather is displayed on every post that member posts.  :P

SWEET!!! ;D

Thank you for your discovery br360!  :)

Be Well,
Siirist

EDIT// ~ So to bold the word "Expertise" I would go into the Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php. Right?
Needed information:

br360

Quote from: Siirist on February 06, 2016, 06:40:22 PM

EDIT// ~ So to bold the word "Expertise" I would go into the Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php. Right?

Yes, that would be the correct file to change the Expertises to bold. ;)

Siirist

Quote from: br360 on February 06, 2016, 06:55:52 PM
Quote from: Siirist on February 06, 2016, 06:40:22 PM

Yes, that would be the correct file to change the Expertises to bold. ;)

Thanks  ;)

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:

Advertisement: