News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Statement regarding SOPA

Started by LiroyvH, January 05, 2012, 10:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

webconsulting

Hope this bill will not be implemented.Disgusting, No to SOPA.

Oldiesmann

A few updates on CISPA...

The bill passed through the House of Representatives yesterday, albeit with some changes. There is still some debate as to whether all of the changes made things better or not. See Insanity: CISPA Just Got Way Worse, And Then Passed On Rushed Vote for more info.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation has made it easy for you to contact your local congress people about this. See https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8609

It will still email both those in the House and the Senate (even though it already passed the House), but it's faster than digging up the info yourself :P

The president already said he would veto it if it passed Congress, but that was before the recent changes, so things might change. There's an official petition asking him to veto it on the White House website as well. https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/veto-cispa-if-it-makes-it-past-both-houses-congress-legislation-harmful-american-people/fKW3bVhg
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Norv

WT...

Thanks for the info Oldies. I will be heading over to social sites to spread the word, as soon as I have a little time, for people to know and act.

This is turning into an insane game, of who's going to get tired first and give up...
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: N. N. on April 27, 2012, 02:46:48 PM
This is turning into an insane game, of who's going to get tired first and give up...

I doubt it will be the government that gets tired and gives up first

Elmacik

I read the issuer's name "Lamer" instead of "Lamar", well, I accidentaly mis-read one letter, but the meaning changes a lot :P
Home of Elmacik

Angelina Belle

SOPA is dead.  For more information about the continuing legislative efforts in the US, please read about CISPA
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

live627

Quote from: Suna James on May 11, 2012, 03:15:49 AM
Give me the full details about SOPA  ?
That was most likely a comment spammer.

ziycon

Just a quick update on ACTA for anyone interested, it was rejected by the European Parliament(478 to 39 votes). :D

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/innovation/item/28123-acta-has-been-rejected-by-t

busterone

Advertisement: