Insidious II

Started by The Domain Shop, January 07, 2012, 02:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topperfalkon

I've recently trashed my forums and gone with a completely fresh install, which has solved a few problems I was having.

However, I am still having issue with the news fader on an equally fresh install of this theme, It's not showing up at all.

It's a shame because I quite like this theme, but it doesn't seem to want to work properly :(

I've checked in Firefox and Chrome, so I doubt it's a browser-specific issue I'm having.

Any chance of some help figuring this out?

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: Topperfalkon on May 12, 2013, 12:05:49 PM
I've recently trashed my forums and gone with a completely fresh install, which has solved a few problems I was having.

However, I am still having issue with the news fader on an equally fresh install of this theme, It's not showing up at all.

It's a shame because I quite like this theme, but it doesn't seem to want to work properly :(

I've checked in Firefox and Chrome, so I doubt it's a browser-specific issue I'm having.

This prob not related to this theme, surely. i'm already using of this theme,  news fader working perfectly on both browser.
check you'r error log.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» Birthdate On Registration
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
» Search Topic & Board Button
Browse All...

Topperfalkon

Error log didn't give me anything..

The Domain Shop

Quote from: Topperfalkon on June 02, 2013, 10:17:49 PM
Error log didn't give me anything..

Hi Topperfalkon,

I have just tested the theme and the news fader is working fine for me.

To to be clear, you do mean the news line that appears on top of the board index and not the news line that would normally be in the header?
If you are referring to the news line in the header then this theme doesn't have one. It can easily be added though if you require it.

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Topperfalkon on May 12, 2013, 12:05:49 PM

It's a shame because I quite like this theme, but it doesn't seem to want to work properly<$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />

Reupload all files again, there might have been one that got corrupted or left out the last time.

You are doing the upload of the files manually right? Not using something like softilicious or fantastico

Does it work in the default template?

Quote from: Bunneh on May 19, 2014, 02:31:27 PM
Hello, well I was wondering how would I fix the broken text on my Moderation tab? It goes [Moderation Log] [Unapproved Posts and Topics] [Unapproved Attachments] [Reported Posts]

The problem is that [Unapproved Posts and Topics] is to long it cuts into [Unapproved Attachments] therefore covering up half of it.

An Image of the tab would work great so they can see what is going on as well as a link to the site.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

The Domain Shop

Quote from: Bunneh on May 19, 2014, 02:31:27 PM
Hello, well I was wondering how would I fix the broken text on my Moderation tab? It goes [Moderation Log] [Unapproved Posts and Topics] [Unapproved Attachments] [Reported Posts]

The problem is that [Unapproved Posts and Topics] is to long it cuts into [Unapproved Attachments] therefore covering up half of it.

In index.css change the width of

#topnav li li {
   width: 200px;
   height: auto;
   padding: 0;
}

And

#topnav li ul {
   background: #202020;
   position: absolute;
   width: 200px;
   left: -999em;
   margin-left: -1px;;
}

Mr. Pedram

Hi,
i have i little problem with this theme,
quote not working on quick reply, i check this on default theme and it was ok, problem is on this theme, any idea how to solve this?
on chrome and ff tested
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Mr. Pedram on July 18, 2014, 05:00:30 PM
Hi,
i have i little problem with this theme,
quote not working on quick reply, i check this on default theme and it was ok, problem is on this theme, any idea how to solve this?
on chrome and ff tested

did all files get uploaded?

by not working, do you mean you get an error...does it just sit there.....does it not show up --- not working is so general that if you get specific about what it is doing and what it is not doing you might get more help.

did you set the setting in admin to let it use quick reply.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Mr. Pedram

yes quick reply is always open
no error in console FF and Chrome
i just click on quote on a post, then i don't see ajax loader, just #quickReplyOptions added to URL
scrolled to quick reply, and then nothing..

error log:

http://mysite.com/index.php?topic=14.;msg=314008: Undefined index: start
/homepages/5/XXXX/htdocs/MySite/Themes/InsidiousV2_12/Display.template.php
Line: 560

Here is:

Code (Display.template.php line 560) Select
<div class="smalltext">&#171; <b>', isset($context['sl-singlepost']) ? ($context['sl-singlepost'] == 0 ? $txt['topic-start'] : $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $context['sl-singlepost']) : ($message['counter'] == 0 ? '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $message['start'] . ';msg=' . $message['id'] . '">' . $txt['topic-start'] . '</a>' : '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $message['start'] . ';msg=' . $message['id'] . '">' . $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $message['counter'] . '</a>') ,':</b> ', $message['time'], ' &#187;</div>

is it related?

i think all files uploaded but which files need to do quote on quick reply?
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

DarkAngel612

That is strange. I have this theme in 3 forums and they behave with quick reply, I just chose to have less real estate used by not turning that on, especially since many would rather use the rest of the bbc buttons.

Do you have a link to your forum, that is really good to post (sorry if you did I missed it, been moving to new host/server and it has not been easy this time)

Mr. Pedram

I have this theme on another forum, on that forum it's ok , but in this one i got this issue.
i should mention this, i copied files from that forum, maybe i left or lost something.. i dunno
i will send the link for you.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

DarkAngel612

I also have copied files over to a different forum and although it works with some, others put up a fight.

I just install fresh then save the original file, copy paste what I edited from the working one to the duplicate of the new one and see if that worked.

You can open your zip, look at the files you copied over to the this naughty one and see if there is all the ones in the server that should be there.

Answered the pm...brb

DarkAngel612

well I am back

I looked at the ones offered in download area here

Indidious is the one that never wanted to work for me

Insidious II at first gave trouble working on any of the sites but then they had the update in 2013 and that one worked beautifully. I have that one installed in my forums, I edited the name to add UD022013

I did not update it when I went from v2.0.6 to the one we have now 2.0.8. So if you have the new one InsidiousV2-u, then maybe something got changed.

I would not think so but then that is why I don't think...I mess things up that way.

You could try installing it fresh then copy files you edited from the working one to the new install,  adding OLD to the name of the current one will help too...like Display.template.phpOLD, this turns off the old so it will use the new with no conflict.

The Domain Shop

I have made no changes to the theme in a long time so it should be working fine. Delete the installed theme and install a clean version and let me know what happens?

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 18, 2014, 06:14:31 PM
I also have copied files over to a different forum and although it works with some, others put up a fight.

I just install fresh then save the original file, copy paste what I edited from the working one to the duplicate of the new one and see if that worked.

You can open your zip, look at the files you copied over to the this naughty one and see if there is all the ones in the server that should be there.

Answered the pm...brb

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 18, 2014, 06:27:02 PM
well I am back

I looked at the ones offered in download area here

Indidious is the one that never wanted to work for me

Insidious II at first gave trouble working on any of the sites but then they had the update in 2013 and that one worked beautifully. I have that one installed in my forums, I edited the name to add UD022013

I did not update it when I went from v2.0.6 to the one we have now 2.0.8. So if you have the new one InsidiousV2-u, then maybe something got changed.

I would not think so but then that is why I don't think...I mess things up that way.

You could try installing it fresh then copy files you edited from the working one to the new install,  adding OLD to the name of the current one will help too...like Display.template.phpOLD, this turns off the old so it will use the new with no conflict.

Thanks for your help, actually i can't update the theme because i made many changes to it, i wonder it working on that forum, but not working in this one. but i think need a compare with new update to find the solution.

My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

CHRIS-7

Yess , This Theme is Very Very Very GOOD

Just : Insidious II

:) :) ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:

The Domain Shop

Quote from: CHRIS-7 on February 17, 2015, 06:37:09 PM
Yess , This Theme is Very Very Very GOOD

Just : Insidious II

:) :) ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks, glad you like it :)

CHRIS-7

Hi Trax

I Want To Change Width My Forum In The Index.css

How To Do It?

Which Line To Change For Bigger Or Smaller Width

DarkAngel612

Quote from: CHRIS-7 on March 22, 2015, 09:36:14 AM
Hi Trax

How To Do It?

Find and change the red to what you want, mine is set to 96%:

/* This division wraps the entire forum when a forum width is set. */
div#wrapper
{
    width: 95%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

CHRIS-7

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on March 22, 2015, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: CHRIS-7 on March 22, 2015, 09:36:14 AM
Hi Trax

How To Do It?

Find and change the red to what you want, mine is set to 96%:

/* This division wraps the entire forum when a forum width is set. */
div#wrapper
{
    width: 95%;