News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Due to High Stress on the server....

Started by pierse, August 23, 2005, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsakenlad

As Ben_S and many others have stated before, a new server has been purchased and the site will be moved to the new one. This server is very under-powered for a community as big as this to run on.
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

1MileCrash

they just didnt move to the new one yet
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Prasad007

yes i get errors too
like this:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Please try again later. This member's posts are not currently available due to high load on the server.
or
QuoteDatabase Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

how will this get fixed??? ??? ??? ???

Prasad007

Quote from: That's The Hacker to you on October 30, 2005, 10:15:14 AM
Did the new server get lost in the mail or something...? :D
****** that happened to me once
wid my old host
he emailed me the details
and i deleted the email by mistake
and then he told me he had no backups
lol

HoTmetal

Ok it seems we are one the new server, but it still tends to "bog down" a bit.
Just to test I opened 4 links here's the time I got.
" 3.406 seconds with 11 queries" -page went through
" Page created in 101.768 seconds with 5 queries." -High Stress on the server message
" Page created in 51.344 seconds with 2 queries."  -High Stress on the server message
" Page created in 2.012 seconds with 4 queries."    -page went through
Oh and to post my reply here ...
" Page created in 45.936 seconds with 9 queries."
I think the idea someone had about it going through google is a when server load is high, is a good idea worth looking into...

Too many people love this site & tend to rely on it<myself included> which is a good thing right?

Prasad007

how so slow?
for me it was:
Page created in 0.233 seconds with 17 queries.

maybe ur net speed is low? ::) ::)

-Prasad007.

HoTmetal

Quote from: Prasad007 on October 30, 2005, 12:40:06 PM
how so slow?
for me it was:
Page created in 0.233 seconds with 17 queries.

maybe ur net speed is low? ::) ::)

-Prasad007.

I got 10megs/up/downstream so I doubt its that...beside other sites are coming up at the normal speed. But this post came through quick
" Page created in 0.095 seconds with 7 queries."

StarWars Fan

If this is the new server, then there is still a problem because I'm still getting bad 10 second+ hangs and denied Searches... :(

1MileCrash

The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

HoTmetal

Quote from: Tippmaster on October 30, 2005, 01:13:02 PM
this isn't the new server..
From what I've herd , yes... I think there are some unnecessary background processes tyeing up valuable resources. It should be worked out soon <I hope> Until then, we'll just have to go through withdraws.....ARG!

Amacythe

We have the new server, but at this time we are not utilizing it.  We are still arranging the transfer of certain files and not others.

joomla

While I understand the amount of work moving to a new server might entail, I strongly encourage the Team to make it a priority.

There is nothing more frustrating that comming to an official support forum, and not being able to utilize the search function.. driving me crazy...  been hrs and I still can't use the search function.

If you need a hand moving, let me know, I'd be happy to give you guys a hand.
Brad Baker
www.joomla.org - Core Team Member, Forum Admin http://forum.joomla.org
www.rochen.com - Managed Dedicated and Reseller Hosting Solutions.
www.joomlatutorials.com & .au - Learn Joomla! the easy way.

Trekkie101

Well its a sad fact but the server stress is starting to affect the SMF program itself. Check your admin panels, they're slowing down a LOT, SMF loads a file from this server to check versions and news and its starting to take ages aswell.

I know its a lot of work to switch server with such a big and busy site but, its definately holding back the power of SMF.

OAS

nooooooo

i'm gettin too many errors on my forums and need to search for them on here :'(

without being too much of a pain, is there any ETA till the search function will be available again?

cheers

HoTmetal

Quote from: OAS on November 02, 2005, 09:29:49 PM
nooooooo

i'm gettin too many errors on my forums and need to search for them on here :'(

without being too much of a pain, is there any ETA till the search function will be available again?

cheers

how about now... wait ...now.... NOW... & Now.... hehe... Wow , the ner server rocks... Thanks again SMF team,..... you guys really came through yet again.... Cheers to the server move team/////

Trekkie101

So now that we've nagged you to find out when its coming, its here, whats the spec?  :D

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: Trekkie101 on November 03, 2005, 07:13:11 AM
So now that we've nagged you to find out when its coming, its here, whats the spec?  :D
It's a P4 3.06GHz HT, 1GB RAM (I think).

But I'm still sometimes getting "Due to high stress on the server......." errors.

I think we need some Dual XEONs to run this forum :-X

Sys_ZERO

JayBachatero

Yea i still get the error when searching.  Or i just get an error to be more specific while searching.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Sys_ZERO

I'm guessing that the new server hasn't been optimized like the old server so that's why we're still getting the errors. Could someone from SMF confirm this please?

Sys_ZERO

Compuart

A lot has already been optimized, but there's still a lot to be done as well.  Also, the server was accidently configured with 512 MB. This will soon be replaced by 1GB.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Advertisement: