Like system

Started by Ashley S, January 28, 2012, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Quote from: Ashley S on March 27, 2012, 07:10:43 AM
Same with a built in Facebook, Twitter connections, but you must enable it through the Admin Control Panel.

If that's going to be included, it also needs  MySpace, Badoo, Orkut, and LinkedIn.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Norv

Quote from: 青山 素子 on March 27, 2012, 03:05:42 PM
Quote from: Ashley S on March 27, 2012, 07:10:43 AM
Same with a built in Facebook, Twitter connections, but you must enable it through the Admin Control Panel.

If that's going to be included, it also needs  MySpace, Badoo, Orkut, and LinkedIn.

And G+ and reddit. :)

This is a non-issue, mostly, except for, of course, current problems with mod installation: which are being addressed by hooks in 2.0 and 2.1, and plugin system in 3.0. Because, please look at it this way:
1/ - None will be other than a mod for 2.0/2.1.
2/ - What we consider is for SMF 3.0 to offer social plugins, to be found and installed from a delimited area of Package Manager, or a delimited category of the simplemachines customizations site.
It doesn't need to be that different, from being "in admin panel", other than: as much as possible not have issues with direct code modifications, and respectively, easy to find. The latter may welcome a bit of imagination from our designers, to make the area more understandable and easy to use, than browsing through the customizations server is today.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

emanuele

This seems to be another "duplicate" of a "like", so I'm moving it. Though there are also other things discussed, if any of you think this should stay in feature requests for more discussion feel free to move it back.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Viaja

I want a "like system" with no Social Medias..
I need only a like option (and an optional "unlike") and a "like" icon.
And members that liked the post.
Can I find this?

Arantor

I believe what you're after is actually a paid mod (because the free one doesn't have all the options), from smfpacks.com

wdh280

+1 for a like it system for Smf this post is example for it cuts down on the post saying +1 makes the forums not look tacky.

markeefarmer

The free version does not seem to work with latest SMF 2.04. 
Wonder if it will be made to work?

emanuele

Works just fine as explained in this post (tested right now).

Also, since this feature is already "accepted" for a future version, I'm locking this topic to avoid duplicates.
Feel free to discuss the feature on the linked topic.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: