Tables, Cells, Templates ... PROBLEMS

Started by jesterhawk, August 23, 2005, 11:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesterhawk

Hello,

I love this software.

I started with the Oxygen theme and began to tailor it.  The problem I am having (which can be seen at http://www.ice-breakerz.org/forums [nofollow]) is that the table information that exists outside of the main forum information is being shrunk down to a size that just fits the contents and not following the height and width specified (you can see what this should look like at http://www.ice-breakerz.org [nofollow]).  I am using a style sheet for the template where all of my website stuff should be isolated, but somehow it is not.  What am I doing wrong or what setting do I need to change?

Thanks,
Jesterhawk
-----------------------------------
Jesterhawk

bloc

Hm, this looks weird...the forum is next to the content instead of inside it?

jesterhawk

I am do not understand what you mean by that???

I can say that I modified index_template to add the top and left parts "above" the forum and then the footer "below" the forum.  It gives the impression that the forum is inside my website, when in reality it is just a fancy header and footer.  Of course, that is if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
Jesterhawk
Jesterhawk

bloc

I meant that the forum is placed next to other things, pushing everything to the right - at least on 1024 display. I assume you really wanted it to be right under the header?

jesterhawk

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it does not do that on mine.  It looks like my main site, only the forum is in place of the news items.  Yes, it is supposed to be on the right, but under the header (which isn't coming in right either).  Ideas????

Thanks
Jesterhawk
Jesterhawk

bloc

I use Firefox..maybe thats the problem? :) Anyways , this is what it looks like for me though:

jesterhawk

Interesting....

This is what I get:

This is what is should look like (with the Angel picture changed to the forums):

I didn't realize there was that much difference between IE and other browsers.

Thanks,
Jesterhawk
Jesterhawk

jesterhawk

I have two questions:

1)  Has anyone got an answer on the problem above.
2)  When viewing with Firefox browser, it is even more screwed up.  What do I do to fix that?

Thanks,
Jesterhawk
Jesterhawk

[Unknown]

jesterhawk

The copyright was attempted to be moved to the lower section and not removed.  Somehow I screwed that up.  But be rest assured that when the board is live (because it is not linked into my site yet), that the copyright will be there.

Thanks,
Jesterhawk
Jesterhawk

jesterhawk

I changed what I tried to change back to have the copyright back.

Thanks
Jesterhawk
Jesterhawk

[Unknown]

Still a lot of validation errors.  With those fixed, it's a lot easier to find the problem.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: