Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Quote from: discjocke on September 04, 2014, 12:45:11 PM
I haven't done this before, but I did checked the "Show view profile button under post" in "Current themes".

That has nothing to do with this MOD.   Had you read the MOD description on the download page there are some instructions ...

QuoteCustom Profile Fields must be activated under 'Core Features' for this Mod to work.

Admin > Configuration > Core Features > Click the icon next to Profile Fields to activate them

Also, the images must be added to each theme that you want them displayed on.

discjocke

I have SMF 1.1.19 and don't have the "Congifguration" option showing.

Not many instructions on the Mod download page which is:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1910  for my version.

discjocke

I apologize, but the only thing I have under confuration is:
Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout
Gallery

In "Current Theme", due to there's no "Core Features" I can't find "Profile Fields".

hcfwesker

Quote from: discjocke on September 04, 2014, 01:28:42 PM
I have SMF 1.1.19

Information that would have been important when you first posted in this topic.  If noone lists their SMF version, I just assume SMF 2 ;)

And, that's not the page for THIS MOD, here you go .. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3304

You must have gotten these MODs confused with one another.  That MOD you linked to hasn't been updated since 2009. 

discjocke

Interesting that I selected Theme Settings Overview then this: SMF Default Theme - Core (1.1.5)   I'm not that keen on this but shouldn't it show 1.1.9? Here's partial list of options:

There are others checked, but the bottom one's in red are the only relative options I chose to show you. I had Facebook for the part of a post option. Uninstalled it but won't let me delete it from programs installed. I still have Twitter at bottom of a post option.

Select default smiley set for this theme  (Classic)
Show last modification date on modified posts
Show members list bar on board index?
Show current position in forum as link instead of text?
Show view profile button under post?  (checked)
Enable and show 'Mark as Read' buttons?
Enable inline links
Enabling this will cause your current location to be drawn in a single line, as opposed to in a tree-like manner.
Enable SP1 style statistics on board index
Allow users to turn off word censoring?
Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages?
Enable collapsible additional post options
Enable News?
Show news fader on board index
Fading delay between items for the news fader
Show user avatars in message view
Show personal text in message view
Show latest member on board index
Show buttons as images instead of text
Show gender images in message view
Hide post group titles for grouped members?
Enabling this will not display a member's post group title on the message view if they are assigned to a non-post based group.
Display Facebook Like icon?
Enabling this will Display the Facebook Like Icon within posts.
Display Facebook Like icon in all posts?
Enabling this will Display the Facebook Like Icon within all posts. Note Display Facebook Like Icon has to be enabled
Display Twitter Tweet Button? (checked)
Enabling this will Display the Twitter Tweet Button within posts.
Display Twitter Tweet Button in all posts? (checked)
Enabling this will Display the Twitter Tweet Button within all posts, Note that the display Twitter Tweet Button has to be enabled

hcfwesker

Yeah, appears you're using a different MOD not related to this one

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1910 <--- this is an old out of date MOD not supported in this topic
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=325603.0  <--- support topic for that MOD

Like I said in my previous post, you're asking for support in the wrong Mod Support Topic.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3304  <--- this is the MOD supported in this topic

discjocke

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Is there any way I can upgrade my forum a 2.0 forum? I haven't attempted because my forum is mainly news (regarding mainly Ukraine & world news) and can't afford to take chance to have it go down. Please let me know what you recommend. Thank you for your time.

discjocke

I found the mistake I was making. I wasn't going into my actual profile from main top (profile) menu. Was trying it all from my Admin menu. Was able to have it show for my Twitter button in profile.  Duh! I'm brain dead.

Kindred

but you should upgrade to 2.0.x anyway, since 1.1.x is currently sunset and will be declared End of Life soon (with the release of 2.1).
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

discjocke

Any specific link to the proper setup option?

What I've been trying to do is from my forum is when I post a news article, like I do with Twitter is, to have the article automatically show up on my Facebook account, as it does on my Twitter account. Not doing it.

I'll see what other options I have later. But I'd like to upgrade to 2.0. I just hope I do it right and doesn't disable my my forum for any period of time. Course I'll do a backup. Thanks.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: discjocke on September 04, 2014, 03:59:47 PM
Any specific link to the proper setup option?

What I've been trying to do is from my forum is when I post a news article, like I do with Twitter is, to have the article automatically show up on my Facebook account, as it does on my Twitter account. Not doing it.

I'll see what other options I have later. But I'd like to upgrade to 2.0. I just hope I do it right and doesn't disable my my forum for any period of time. Course I'll do a backup. Thanks.

Judging by the other posts in this thread, you may want someone else to do the upgrade for you, it is very easy to screw up converting from your version to 2.0.8, a link to your website would be appropriate for us to evaluate just how much traffic you're getting, a day or two of down time may be in order here...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

NekoJonez

I have a weird bug. When a member doesn't have a MSN, but does have a social network... It bugs out. The social networks are placed underneath each other and they get those thingies, of the lists.

How can I fix this?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Quote from: NekoJonez on September 05, 2014, 06:47:32 AM
I have a weird bug. When a member doesn't have a MSN, but does have a social network... It bugs out. The social networks are placed underneath each other and they get those thingies, of the lists.

How can I fix this?

You need to explain a lot clearer what the problem is, "... those thingies" is not adequate, do you have this module installed? error log? SMF version?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

NekoJonez

I think that this picture explains it:

And sorry, nothing related to this in the error log. (I only have ban entries. )

Twitter
My Blog

Kindred

looks like - when you installed the mod (manually?) into your custom theme, the placement of the code in display.template.php was incorrect and was placed INSIDE the other ul/li list.

Check the default theme... does it work there (bet it does)

Anyway, whether it works or not, the FIX is to correct the ordering of code within display.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hcfwesker

Quote from: NekoJonez on September 05, 2014, 06:47:32 AM
How can I fix this?

From the previous page ...  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467074.msg3716612#msg3716612

There is a layout issue recently reported when the "default installed" icons aren't being used.  I foolishly thought at least 1 would be used :P  That's the temp fix, there in the link.  I have made notes of all these 'bugs' that have popped up, and am actually planning to update with this fixes by next weekend.  But it won't be an upgrade package install like I try to do, those just take so much time to do.  :( 

NekoJonez

Twitter
My Blog

hcfwesker

v1.2.0 Released!

- Removed Guests viewing of Social Icons in posts & profiles
- Custom Social Links now open in new tabs/windows when clicked
- Fixed alignment issues when default icons were not used

Sorry, there is no upgrade package available! 

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 13, 2014, 08:17:19 PM
v1.2.0 Released!

- Removed Guests viewing of Social Icons in posts & profiles
- Custom Social Links now open in new tabs/windows when clicked
- Fixed alignment issues when default icons were not used

Sorry, there is no upgrade package available! 

btw, you have a punctuation error in the url link of the image banner in your profile signature
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

hcfwesker

Advertisement: