Add & Create Social Media Icons To Profiles

Started by hcfwesker, January 30, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarontharker

First let me say thanks for the mod.  ;D

Now on to my question, where does the data for the custom fields get stored in the database?  I've found all the standard stuff in the members database and can find the details for the custom fields in custom_fields but can't find where the actual data for the individual users is store for these custom fields?

Arantor

Assuming it uses the custom profile fields storage like normal custom fields do, it'll be in the smf_themes table. Long story as to why, but there you go.

aarontharker

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2014, 10:58:32 AM
Assuming it uses the custom profile fields storage like normal custom fields do, it'll be in the smf_themes table. Long story as to why, but there you go.

Thanks for the reply but I can't find the data in {bd_prefix}themes either.  I'm currently digging through the install.xml to try and find where it is going to but I'm fairly new to SMF so it's slow going :D

Arantor

Oh, wait, no, this doesn't use the custom profile fields code. It's stored in the main members table instead.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Yeah I had to go look, thought it would be more logical to bootstrap custom fields as 2.0 has them, personally...

aarontharker

Quote from: Kindred on November 19, 2014, 11:38:28 AM
yup...   this mod adds columns to the members table
It adds fields to members for all the hard-coded values i.e. Facebook, MySpace, Deviantart, etc. but not for the custom ones.

Arantor

Custom ones are stored in smf_themes like I said. Look for rows where the variable column is cust_* where the * represents the name of the custom field (as referenced in the custom_fields table)

aarontharker

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2014, 06:22:05 PM
Custom ones are stored in smf_themes like I said. Look for rows where the variable column is cust_* where the * represents the name of the custom field (as referenced in the custom_fields table)

Ah found it sorry.  On my dev board where I'm testing the value had slipped past the 50 results I normally display when browsing the database.

Brugrabud

How hard would it be to update this to work with 2.1?  I am eager to test it.

Kindred

it will have to be almost completely redesigned

2.1 is just in BETA 1 - expecting mods to be made to work with a beta1 version is just plain silly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hcfwesker

Quote from: Kindred on November 25, 2014, 03:56:30 PMexpecting mods to be made to work with a beta1 version is just plain silly.

Took the words right out of my keyboard :D  Also, thanx for the extra help in here with other members questions.  Always appreciated :)

WhiteEagle

Could you perhaps change YouTube to channel from user? JMH preference to link to channels, as users can have multiple channels under one account. ;)
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

Kindred

Well, YOU could change it... Hit I think it would be a mistake for the mod author to change it for the whole mod, since what you are asking for is actually specific to your own desires, not most net standards.
Слaва
Украинi

hcfwesker

Yeah, definitely not something I would force everyone to use, be default.   You do have 2 options to this for your own forum.

1.  Sources/Load.php

3 places on top one another you'll find

http://www.youtube.com/

And replace that with the url that would lead to member channels.

or 2.   Use the feature in the latest release to create your own youtube icon, that links to specific member's channels.

demlak

on 2.0.9 i get parse error...
see attachment

any idea how to fix/debug this?

hcfwesker

You have to be uploading it wrong, or trying to manually upload files/folders and making a mistake when doing so.  You shouldn't see the "languages.xml" folder on install, but rather each individual languages.php files.  download the latest version of the MOD, and directly upload it to your forum through package manager.  You may have to emulate to smf version 2.0.8, though I have tested and it works on 2.0.9

Miker1029

Hey,

I'm having an Issue with Google+ Showing up in the Profile FIeld, I have It checked (Unchecked and Saved then Re-Checked and Saved),  And The Input box just wont show up, in 1.1 or 1.2.... I've Associated my Account With Google+ (SA Google+ Mod),  But still no show any Ideas?

Mike

suhaneankit

Thanks for the mod.

I am having problem with google+ i have given the correct user id in the Google + field but not able to see. Any idea ?
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

suhaneankit

Can somebody help me here! Please have a look at my above reply. :(
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Advertisement: