News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Additional Instant Messengers ( Skype + GoogleTalk)

Started by hcfwesker, February 04, 2012, 04:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Link to Mod

Additional Instant Messengers

Compatible with SMF 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2

Current Release:  v1.0.1
QuoteTo upgrade from 1.0 simply upload the 1.0.1 Package and install, no need to uninstall 1.0

This Modification allows members to add both Skype and Google Talk Instant Messenger Icons to their Profiles.

Previous Skype & Google Talk MODs warning
QuoteIf you previously had another Skype or Google Talk MOD installed, you will need to uninstall before installing this Modification.  In most cases member's info will be ported over to the new MOD after installation.

Admin options to disable, and also chose which appear on Member registration.
Admin > Profile Fields > Standard Profile Fields

Admin options to chose between static skype icon, or skype status icons.
Admin > Theme Settings >
Show static skype icon.
(unchecked will show member skype activity details):

For Skype Status Icon to show properly, users will need to set up their settings on their Skype Profile
In their Skype window they need to click  Skype > Privacy > activate "Allow my status to be shown on the web"
Doing this will allow thir status on skype to be shown on SMF such as Online, Away, Do not Disturb, Offline ect...

No admin settings are required upon installation.  Just install, and members can edit their information.
Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile

This Modification is also compatible Default Profiles with Ultimate Profiles! ( Ultimate Profiles MOD is not required for this MOD to be installed)

These Additional IM Icons will appear on the following pages.

-Ultimate Profile
-Display page (mini profiles)
-Personal Messaging (mini profiles)
-Member List
-Who's Online
-Edit Buddies page

This Package ONLY makes edits to the SMF Default Curve theme.  Any other themes will require custom edits to the same files listed for the 'default' theme.

No copyright links are added to any footer pages.

Submitted Language Modifications are appreciated

languages/Modifications.english.php
$txt['gtalk'] = 'Google Talk';
$txt['your_gtalk'] = 'This is your GTalk address.';
$txt['gtalk1'] = 'G-Talk';
$txt['skype'] = 'Skype';
$txt['your_skype'] = 'This is your Skype username.';
$txt['skype_static_image'] = 'Show static skype icon.<br>(unchecked will show member skype activity details)';

Change Log

v1.0.1
Added Admin options to chose between static icon or skype status icons.

v1.0
First Release

This mod is licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)

Zuća

Fed Drago

etms52

my italian translation:

File:./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.italian.php

Trova (alle fine del file):
?>

Aggiunti sopra:

$txt['gtalk'] = 'Google Talk';
$txt['your_gtalk'] = 'Questo è il tuo indirizzo GTalk.';
$txt['gtalk1'] = 'G-Talk';
$txt['skype'] = 'Skype';
$txt['your_skype'] = 'Questo è il tuo nome utente su Skype.';

Link my translation: hxxp:www.ikariamtools.netsons.org/?p=96 [nonactive]

hcfwesker

Thank you, again.  These will be included in the next update.

Draffi

Matthew K.

Quote from: Draffi on February 08, 2012, 02:20:41 PM
Shows your mod the online status from skype?
I don't think it does...you'll have to wait for hcfwesker to reply for sure.

hcfwesker

I've added this into the next update, and it works ... along with the option for admins to chose to use the skype status icons, or just the static skype icon.   But before I release it, sometime later tomorrow, I have to lay out instructions on how users need to activate this settings, otherwise it'll just show as "offline".

If you've already installed version 1.0 , then no worries, because this can be simply upgraded by donwloading the package and clicking the Upgrade option, ot overwrite the 1.0 version.

Should have everything ready sometime tomorrow night. 

Matthew K.

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 09, 2012, 12:28:43 AM

I've added this into the next update, and it works ... along with the option for admins to chose to use the skype status icons, or just the static skype icon.   But before I release it, sometime later tomorrow, I have to lay out instructions on how users need to activate this settings, otherwise it'll just show as "offline".

If you've already installed version 1.0 , then no worries, because this can be simply upgraded by donwloading the package and clicking the Upgrade option, ot overwrite the 1.0 version.

Should have everything ready sometime tomorrow night. 
* Labradoodle-360 likes this post.

hcfwesker

Released:  v1.0.1
QuoteTo upgrade from 1.0 simply upload the 1.0.1 Package and install, no need to uninstall 1.0

+ Added Admin options to chose between static skype icon, or skype status icons.

To use these settings, goto:
Admin > Theme Settings >
Show static skype icon.
(unchecked will show member skype activity details):

Instructions for Users:
In their Skype window they need to click  Skype > Privacy > activate "Allow my status to be shown on the web"
Doing this will allow thir status on skype to be shown on SMF such as Online, Away, Do not Disturb, Offline ect...

Quote from: etms52 on February 06, 2012, 04:30:03 AM
my italian translation:

I apologize, was unable to add the language addition due to the newly added Settings feature.  If you could update with this line translated I will be sure to include it.

$txt['skype_static_image'] = 'Show static skype icon.<br>(unchecked will show member skype activity details)';

Draffi

Thank you so much, hcfwesker!!!

But one question: What is the best order to install your last two mods ?

First this messenger-mod and than your social-media-mod ? or first the social-media-mod and than you messenger-mod?

Matthew K.

It shouldn't matter what order they are installed in.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Draffi on February 10, 2012, 06:01:36 PM
Thank you so much, hcfwesker!!!

But one question: What is the best order to install your last two mods ?

First this messenger-mod and than your social-media-mod ? or first the social-media-mod and than you messenger-mod?

It doesn't matter which order, because both modify similar lines in files, so you're going to get install errors no matter what adding one after the other.

Matthew K.

Actually, even if they edit the same place, as long as the edits don't modify the actual white-space you should be fine.

Fed Drago

Tried to install this mod and got the following errors, I really do not like to manually add codes. If a mod makes you do that than I really do not like to install a mod. Sorry

Quote1.    Adapt Database    install.php    
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
      3.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
      4.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageMembers.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Memberlist.php    Test successful
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/News.php    Test successful
*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php    Test successful
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Register.php    Test successful
*    9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Members.php    Test successful
   10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Buddies.template.php    Skipping file
*    11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
*    12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Memberlist.template.php    Test successful
*    13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test successful
*    14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
*    15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Settings.template.php    Test successful
   16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/UltimateProfile.template.php    Skipping file
*    17.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Who.template.php    Test successful
*    18.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
   19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/skype.gif    
   20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/gtalk.gif    

I am using 202 SMF Latest build.

Matthew K.

It's not this modifications fault, it's another modification you have installed, that is conflicting with this one. Go ahead and install the mod, and then manually do the edits that failed.

Fed Drago

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 12, 2012, 11:51:08 PM
It's not this modifications fault, it's another modification you have installed, that is conflicting with this one. Go ahead and install the mod, and then manually do the edits that failed.

I rather not sorry but I feel the mod should auto install. Thank you for the efforts on this Mod but this is not a crucial feature for me and I do not have the time to do manual edits.

Thank you for your response.   :)

Matthew K.

Did you read my post, bud? It's not an issue with this mod, it's a problem with another modification you have installed. Hope you read this.

Also, if you want to go ahead and install it, then attach the files that failed, I'll install it for you manually.

Advertisement: