News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

membergroup problem

Started by rootuid, February 08, 2012, 06:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootuid

Hi,
All my users have their primary membergroup as : no primary member group.
Is this an issue? Perhaps I've screwed up, what's the smf default for members?

Lots of these members are members of additional membergroups which have Star image filenames attached but are not being displayed on their profiles . Any idea why the Star image filenames aren't being displayed?

thanks.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: rootuid on February 08, 2012, 06:48:47 AM
Hi,
All my users have their primary membergroup as : no primary member group.
Is this an issue? Perhaps I've screwed up, what's the smf default for members?

Lots of these members are members of additional membergroups which have Star image filenames attached but are not being displayed on their profiles . Any idea why the Star image filenames aren't being displayed?

thanks.

Only the Primary Member Group carries the stars and other settings that carry with the Primary Member Group.
Additional Member Groups are basically used for Permissions it doesn't show there additional group settings in the post.
You have to set there Primary Member group if you wish for them to have the stars and other things with it to display.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Illori

no primary membergroup means that they are in the regular members group as primary and no other primary membergroup

rootuid

Quote from: Illori on February 08, 2012, 06:55:33 AM
no primary membergroup means that they are in the regular members group as primary and no other primary membergroup
Thanks however I don't see a regular members group. Should this exist ?

Illori

yes it is in the admin panel under permissions

Advertisement: